Snow! Here’s my pic, share yours!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this seems totally silly for all my soapy actual cold weather friends (@Zing and @dibbles in MN immediately come to mind) but to have snow where I live, in Northern CA by San Francisco, near sea level SNOW is a rare occurrence (like 1976!) and everyone looses their mind and freaks out. So I thought I’d share the view from my office window today of Mt Diablo all covered in snow. 🌸

Show YOUR snow pics? 😊
72693597-D8D8-4872-9305-8516280BD502.jpeg
E3997837-7BAE-4C51-B9E6-53A62A2384B0.jpeg

Wow wow wow! It is purtee, and of course my mind goes to how to convert that to a landscape soap.

Yeah, the weather's pretty nuts now. We had left on vacation a few days before the predicted snowcapylpse arrived in Minnesota (luckily just 16" versus predicted 26"). We're in Oregon. Our first stop was a remote camp that got a "historic" one inch of snow that stayed a couple of days. I was making light of Portland Oregon getting a historic 10" of snow. But when we drove to Portland where we are now, I realized how devestating it is to Portland. They have no snow plows, ice, or sand, or snow shovels. So I take back my making-fun remarks and thankful we arrived (car and walking) safe and sound. We're in a rented house and I'm converting a cookie sheet to a snow shovel to clear the front steps.

I know this seems totally silly for all my soapy actual cold weather friends (@Zing and @dibbles in MN immediately come to mind) but to have snow where I live, in Northern CA by San Francisco, near sea level SNOW is a rare occurrence (like 1976!) and everyone looses their mind and freaks out. So I thought I’d share the view from my office window today of Mt Diablo all covered in snow. 🌸

Show YOUR snow pics? 😊
View attachment 71051
View attachment 71050
Wow! Stunning view.

Gus is so cute! It's nice that someone appreciates the snow. All of our dogs (Labs) have always loved it too.
Thanks! He's a 10-month-old Bernedoodle we adopted 2 weeks ago. He's the smartest, sweetest, most mellow pup until we take him to the dog park where he goes totally deaf and bonkers chasing and humping all the other dogs. Won't he be surprised when we take him in to get neutered in about 12 days!

Back