snow drift farms has bacteria grower sets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missjulesdid

Reaction score
When I was at the hsmg conference, I got a free bacteria grower tester kit from snowdriftfarms. Maybe some of you already use these, but I had never seen one. I'm very excited to use it. She sells them in sets of one dozen i believe.

Sometimes, when my soap gets old I can smell rotten milk, but nobody else can. I should probably test, just in case.

Laurie, Sorry, I can be a little confusing especially when I make up my own words... It's a kit where it has like a stick and on one side is a gel that will grow bacteria, and on the other side a gel that will grow mold. You put a sample of the product you want to test on each side of the stick and then set it aside for a period of time... when the time is up, you can look at the stick and if it has interesting colors on it, you'll know your product had mold or bacteria growing in it, but if the stick is unchanged, you'll know your product is clean.

ahh I get it....bacterial culture test kits for your products!! nifty!

Back