Sneak Peek 3-Piece Silicone Loaf Mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyG

Mold Meister
Reaction score
Don't think it will be ready for release by the time we launch our new site later this month, but here's a sneak peek at our new three piece silicone loaf mold. Base and walls all have wooden inserts for support.

silicone_loaf.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/mightymolds/posts/1897647130548898

That looks like a really nice design, JoeyG! I really like the idea of including the wooden support inside the silicone itself.

On another post there on your FB page, I also see MightyMold straps. Will you be including them with molds in the future or will they be an add on? I was thinking that using something like that would be useful in some cases, so I'm glad to see you are including in your product line.

On another post there on your FB page, I also see MightyMold straps. Will you be including them with molds in the future or will they be an add on?

We're going to be including them with all future mold sales, with the exception of smaller molds like the loaf tester, that don't really require them.

We're going to be including them with all future mold sales, with the exception of smaller molds like the loaf tester, that don't really require them.

Well, I have to tell you that it really might benefit even the little loaf tester.

I have made soap with it only three times so far and it does sort of want to come loose when moving it. Granted, I learned I should keep it on a stable movable surface and not actually pick it up on it's own when it has not-yet-set-up soap batter in it. But sometimes a soaper moves the mold a bit this way or that to get a better angle for a swirl.

The last soap I made in it was a rimmed soap and I like how it came out. But I did notice that sometimes leakage can occurr. I had that happen with the rimmed soap. The batter wasn't even that liquidy by the time I poured it because it was the last of 3 molds I used and the color mixtures had begun to set up before I started filling this mold. That's why the center is so plain looking. So I'm pretty sure it's because the seal wasn't secured. Of course the rim pieces probably helped push against the interior, so a strap would have helped in this case.

Here's how that one turned out:
Rimmed Soap made in small testor Mighty Mold - 2018Jan19&20 small.JPG

Well, I have to tell you that it really might benefit even the little loaf tester.

I have made soap with it only three times so far and it does sort of want to come loose when moving it. Granted, I learned I should keep it on a stable movable surface and not actually pick it up on it's own when it has not-yet-set-up soap batter in it. But sometimes a soaper moves the mold a bit this way or that to get a better angle for a swirl.

The last soap I made in it was a rimmed soap and I like how it came out. But I did notice that sometimes leakage can occurr. I had that happen with the rimmed soap. The batter wasn't even that liquidy by the time I poured it because it was the last of 3 molds I used and the color mixtures had begun to set up before I started filling this mold. That's why the center is so plain looking. So I'm pretty sure it's because the seal wasn't secured. Of course the rim pieces probably helped push against the interior, so a strap would have helped in this case.

Here's how that one turned out:
View attachment 28433

Yes, I can see how moving it would be easier if it was strapped. PM me with your Ship To Earlene... and we'll send you over a strap.

Latest posts

Back