Smooth Bottom X

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopijohn

Reaction score
Hi all John here

just started in the fantastic world of soap making using Melt an Pour
but have found that although the front and sides are smooth I end up with a rough bubbly bottom !
(and at my age its not a good thing)
so any advice would be great

be king I’m getting old
x

Attachments

• 3EDFB5D8-EE32-4B0E-B71B-677E49C9B9A8.jpeg
    3EDFB5D8-EE32-4B0E-B71B-677E49C9B9A8.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 20
Welcome! :)
I don't have an answer to your soap coming out rough and bubbly, except I've seen posts where this type of texture is blamed on silicone molds combined with the heat of the soap. They call it "silicone rash" I think. However, I don't use silicone molds, and I'm not sure if M&P reaches the temperatures necessary for the reaction.

P.S. I have a cousin whose name is "Hopkins" and goes by "Hopi" (pronounced Hop +ee)!
ETA: I see your introduction hasn't met with any welcomes, which is unusual here. You might consider changing the title... :cool:

Last edited:
Welcome! :)
I don't have an answer to your soap coming out rough and bubbly, except I've seen posts where this type of texture is blamed on silicone molds combined with the heat of the soap. They call it "silicone rash" I think. However, I don't use silicone molds, and I'm not sure if M&P reaches the temperatures necessary for the reaction.

P.S. I have a cousin whose name is "Hopkins" and goes by "Hopi" (pronounced Hop +ee)!
ETA: I see your introduction hasn't met with any welcomes, which is unusual here. You might consider changing the title... :cool:
Thanks for the reply
I have had the nickname hopijohn
For 30 plus years x
I write therapeutic music
And stayed on a Hopi Indian reservation to learn about their culture
And they used to call me Hopijohn

I don’t know what spritz means also what layperson of rubbing alcohol?

Spritz means spray lightly and rubbing alcohol is Isopropyl Alcohol, usually 71%

It might not get the bottom glass smooth like the top but it helps a lot. You could also use a planer to shave the bottom smooth.

Last edited:
Spritz means spray lightly and rubbing alcohol is Isopropyl Alcohol, usually 71%

It might not get the bottom glass smooth like the top but it helps a lot. You could also use a planer to shave the bottom smooth.
Thanks for the info I will give it a go
Kind regards John

Latest posts

Back