Quantcast

Smoke swirl

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
This is what I call a smoke swirl. It is a partially thought out swirl. I control the height and amount when I pour, so I only have partial control of how it turns out.

I would appreciate your opinion on whether this looks like an intentional swirl or if it looks like it was done by a kindergarten child. Lol

Attachments

Zing

Reaction score
This looks like an intentional swirl! Cool top too.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
This looks like an intentional swirl! Cool top too.
Thanks. I just can't do the swirls that I see other people doing. So I just decided to go with what I can do and hope for the best. Of course having a recipe that I know how it will behave has been a great help. Also, I quit over thinking everything and that has been the biggest break through.

I now have 2 different types of swirls that I can do and now I feel like a soap artisan lol.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
I think it's quite pretty. I like the way the swirls go up instead of the usual down.
Thank you. Not being a natural artist, I had to find a way to overcome that and still make it pretty. It is such a simple process but with only a little control over how it turns out.

SPowers

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I call a smoke swirl. It is a partially thought out swirl. I control the height and amount when I pour, so I only have partial control of how it turns out.

I would appreciate your opinion on whether this looks like an intentional swirl or if it looks like it was done by a kindergarten child. Lol
looks pretty intentional to me.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score

Attachments

A Vampire

Reaction score
Very cool! And very intentional looking. I got a similar effect by putting my loaf mold on a lazy susan and giving it some gentle spins between pours.