SMF Soapmaking Challenge November: Drop and Skewer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your condolences and prayers. My daughter leaves today, so it will be just me in the house with my furry kids, Bodhi and Bonnie. Our son will be in town with his family for the week and I'll be spending Thanksgiving with them at their ranch.

It's a blessing that I have so much to keep me busy right now. It will take a month or so to get my kitchen back and longer to get everything organized in there and the rest of the house. And then there will be time for soaping!

Meantime, I'll keep checking in to see what wonderful things all members are doing.

June I am so sorry for your loss but pleased you can find some comfort here. Be gentle with yourself.

I lost my son last week in a tragic accident. He was 27. The funeral is tomorrow. It is so senseless. We are devastated.

A lot of people have said a lot of lovely things. One that comforts me is:
Remember, to live in the hearts of those who love you is not to die.

I come here to distract myself and it works, sometimes. : )

Last edited:
June, Mischief and PenelopeJane, my thoughts and prayers go out to you all in such difficult times. Take care of yourselves and although it can be difficult at times, let others take care of you too.

Last edited:
penelopejane, I'm so sorry to hear you also had a loss.

My hugs go out to you and June.

ETA : Misschief, sorry I missed your post. My heart goes out to you.

I hope you all find peace and comfort in the support of your families.

Last edited:
I lost my son last week in a tragic accident. He was 27. The funeral is tomorrow. It is so senseless. We are devastated.

Penelope, I'm so, so sorry. It sure hurts like crazy, doesn't it?

In the middle of our pain, we're also celebrating. My son's eldest died earlier this month; this past weekend, they celebrated the birth of a new son... the circle of life, up close and personal.

I'm so sorry for you loss June, penelopejane and Misscheif. I havent been paying much attention to this thread because didn't sign up for this month. I'm so glad I took the time to read through these posts though.

June, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to hear you will be able to spend thanksgiving with your son and glad to hear you are coming here to see some pretty soaps.

penelopejane, I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a cousin about the same age (25) who died earlier this year in an accident as well (lightning).

Misscheif, I'm not sure if I posted in your thread earlier but if not I wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. That must be so hard for the family.

To all, I'm sending thoughts and condolences.

So much loss, but in the spirit of Thanksgiving I am thankful that there are so many caring and loving people on this forum. We are truly a community even tho we are all separated by many miles. I know those of you that have lost a loved one recently are feeling so much pain, but I hope you feel all this love as well.

June, Mischief, penelopejane,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you all. Be gentle and take care of yourselves. May you all find comfort in lovely memories you all will carry in your hearts...

June, Penelopejane and Mischief, I'm so sorry for the loss of your family members. You all have trying times ahead - please know that we honestly care and wish you love and comfort. And cyber hugs.

I think I just made it in time! I didn't think I'd be able to enter this month, but I finally found time to make one batch for the challenge yesterday and cut it tonight. I'm in love with the fragrance (Manchurian Dragon from NDA) and the colours make me happy. I'm really enjoying looking through all of the entries - so many beautiful soaps! :)

I think I just made it in time! I didn't think I'd be able to enter this month, but I finally found time to make one batch for the challenge yesterday and cut it tonight. I'm in love with the fragrance (Manchurian Dragon from NDA) and the colours make me happy. I'm really enjoying looking through all of the entries - so many beautiful soaps! :)

Hooray you made it! I love your colors!

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Of course you are devastated. I'm sending you a huge hug and hope that the pain of your loss can be eased from the comfort of those who love and support you. I don't know what I would have done this past month if I had to deal with this all alone.,

June I am so sorry for your loss but pleased you can find some comfort here. Be gentle with yourself.

A lot of people have said a lot of lovely things. One that comforts me is:
Remember, to live in the hearts of those who love you is not to die.

I come here to distract myself and it works, sometimes. : )

June, I am SO sorry for your loss. I, too, am mourning the loss of a loved one. My 18 y.o. grandson died earlier this month. Knowing how much it hurts to lose a grandchild, I can't imagine how much it hurts losing a life partner. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry to hear of those loss of your grandson. I can only imagine how difficult that is for you and his parents. Sending you some loving, healing thoughts and a big, warm, hug.

Latest posts

Back