SMF Soapmaking Challenge November: Drop and Skewer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to have to pass on this challenge, just had to have surgery...maybe by December I'll be back to soaping. taking a forced break while I heal at my mothers house..(might try my hand at lotion though).

1. Kchaystack - I need a new idea for a video...
2. doriettefarm - I'm in, ordered a 1lb loaf mold and it arrives tomorrow!
3. Traderbren- I'm always in for a reason to make soap.
4. Snappyllama - Delicate and Wispy ?!?! I'm more of a plop-and-hope-for-the-best swirler... this is going to be a challenge.
5. dibbles - I'm in!
6. coffeetime- needs an assistant to get this in. Should I hold this addition for a nice ransom?
7. Mrs Spaceship - Yay, I get to break in my new tall & skinny mold!
8. newbie- oh crud. Drop swirls are not so easy for me.
9. BlackDog - because I'm not through punishing myself with swirls just yet!
10. Commoncenz - because despite my name, when it comes to these challenges, I'm clearly lacking common sense
11. MissChief - because I just don't have enough soap yet
12. DeeAnna. Ulp! I just got back from 3 days of scuba diving in Florida, and I think oxygen narcosis affecting my brain.
13. Dharlee - is this right? lol
14. Saponista- avoided the number 13 so surely spectacular soap is forthcoming
15. Judiraz- I'm w/ newbie, drop swirls are not my best.
16. PenelopeJane - my first try in a comp and doing a drop swirl.
17. Afbrat - that last challenge was fun!
18. Deedles - Another diver who can't blame this on Nitrogen. Gotta jump in the deep end at some point!
19. gigisiguenza - even though the soap gremlins have taken up residence in my soap closet and are wreaking havoc on my soaps lately
20. mymy - normally my mate is doing all of the swirls! Now I want to try it myself.
21. CaraBou - Another diver down, to the deep, envisioning Haida bubblenet swirls around salmon, sea lions and humpback whales
22. Cactuslily - She's all in! Ante up!
23. AMD - because NaNoWriMo isn't enough of a challenge this month
24. Sonya-m - hopefully I will have unpacked my soap supplies in time!!
25. Songwind - Sounds like fun!
26. Soapswirl - swirl challenge? Of course I'm in :)

Every time I scroll past this thread, I think it says "Soap Challenge: Drop and Swear". That might be my technique.

Too funny!

Filling up nicely. This technique is fairly easy yet can produce beautiful simple elegants swirls, more intricate swirls, and everything in between. I'm excited to see everyone's soaps! I'm happy to see all the new soap challenge people signing up, as well as some of our veteran smf members and the familiar faces as well. Remember, thin trace will drop much lower than a medium trace. So keep that in mind in you design concept:)

Last edited:
Too funny!

Filling up nicely. This technique is fairly easy yet can produce beautiful simple elegants swirls, more intricate swirls, and everything in between. I'm excited to see everyone's soaps! I'm happy to see all the new soap challenge people signing up, as well as some of our veteran smf members and the familiar faces as well. Remember, thin trace will drop much lower than a medium trace. So keep that in mind in you design concept:)

Oooooh, thanks for the tip. : )

Oh, I really am working hard at not scaring myself out of doing this. I really struggle with the artistic side of soap making.

You are 100% right, KC. That's why I'm gonna do my best! :)

Design concept? Good grief! Lately it's all I can do to make usable soap LOL. The gremlins are firmly entrenched and I'm hoping that this challenge will oust them :)

4. Snappyllama - Delicate and Wispy ?!?! I'm more of a plop-and-hope-for-the-best swirler... this is going to be a challenge.
5. dibbles - I'm in!
6. coffeetime- needs an assistant to get this in. Should I hold this addition for a nice ransom?
10. Commoncenz - because despite my name, when it comes to these challenges, I'm clearly lacking common sense
12. DeeAnna. Ulp! I just got back from 3 days of scuba diving in Florida, and I think oxygen narcosis affecting my brain.
18. Deedles - Another diver who can't blame this on Nitrogen. Gotta jump in the deep end at some point!
19. gigisiguenza - even though the soap gremlins have taken up residence in my soap closet and are wreaking havoc on my soaps lately
20. mymy - normally my mate is doing all of the swirls! Now I want to try it myself.
21. CaraBou - Another diver down, to the deep, envisioning Haida bubblenet swirls around salmon, sea lions and humpback whales
26. Soapswirl - swirl challenge? Of course I'm in :)
27. jules92207 - I can definitely swear so I'm half way there

5. dibbles - I'm in!
26. Soapswirl - swirl challenge? Of course I'm in
28. lenarenee- happy that this does not require paper cup pours, but suffering from dishpan hands.

28. lenarenee- happy that this does not require paper cup pours, but suffering from dishpan hands.

:lol::lol::lol:
(thanks for adding me newbie)

Yeah...anybody want 93 unused paper cups???

:lol::lol::lol:
(thanks for adding me newbie)

Yeah...anybody want 93 unused paper cups???

Hahahaha I've used the paper cups and have no problem :)

5. dibbles - I'm in!
26. Soapswirl - swirl challenge? Of course I'm in
29. Krystalbee - Yay I can finally participate! Love to swirl.

Back