SMF Soapmaking Challenge November: Drop and Skewer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad to see you participating too deeanna, how exciting!!!!!

I would like to sign up as no. 13 (unlucky 13, this doesn't bode well for my entry!) please but my iphone won't play ball and copy the list.

Last edited:
1. Kchaystack - I need a new idea for a video...
2. doriettefarm - I'm in, ordered a 1lb loaf mold and it arrives tomorrow!
3. Traderbren- I'm always in for a reason to make soap.
4. Snappyllama - Delicate and Wispy ?!?! I'm more of a plop-and-hope-for-the-best swirler... this is going to be a challenge.
5. dibbles - I'm in!
6. coffeetime- needs an assistant to get this in. Should I hold this addition for a nice ransom?
7. Mrs Spaceship - Yay, I get to break in my new tall & skinny mold!
8. newbie- oh crud. Drop swirls are not so easy for me.
9. BlackDog - because I'm not through punishing myself with swirls just yet!
10. Commoncenz - because despite my name, when it comes to these challenges, I'm clearly lacking common sense
11. MissChief - because I just don't have enough soap yet
12. DeeAnna. Ulp! I just got back from 3 days of scuba diving in Florida, and I think oxygen narcosis affecting my brain.
13. Dharlee - is this right? lol

Also, I am a little bit confused. I thought three colors were allowed total? It looked like the ItPS was more like 5 total (counting the uncolored base)? Thanks! I am so excited even if I screw it up lol.

4. Snappyllama - Delicate and Wispy ?!?! I'm more of a plop-and-hope-for-the-best swirler... this is going to be a challenge.
5. dibbles - I'm in!
6. coffeetime- needs an assistant to get this in. Should I hold this addition for a nice ransom?
10. Commoncenz - because despite my name, when it comes to these challenges, I'm clearly lacking common sense
12. DeeAnna. Ulp! I just got back from 3 days of scuba diving in Florida, and I think oxygen narcosis affecting my brain.
14. Saponista- avoided the number 13 so surely spectacular soap is forthcoming.

5. dibbles - I'm in!
14. Saponista- avoided the number 13 so surely spectacular soap is forthcoming
15. Judiraz- I'm w/ newbie, drop swirls are not my best.

Also, I am a little bit confused. I thought three colors were allowed total? It looked like the ItPS was more like 5 total (counting the uncolored base)? Thanks! I am so excited even if I screw it up lol.

I totally messed up the typing compared to the video! Good catch! I fixed it...Sorry. I had a heck of a time uploading. I was panicking and up til 3 am (thank goodness for the time falling back an hr) and slept less than 5 hrs and was uploading yet again. Files wouldn't upload for hrs, literally. If anyone catches anything else please bring it to my attention asap and I'll clarify or correct it.

The itp: three colors total including the base. So you may or may not color the base, and then you may add up to *two* colors in the pot for an itp. I left mine uncolored and added blue only.
You can color the base, add up to two into the pot, swirl it and pour.
You can use plain base, add up to two into the pot, swirl it and pour.
You can pour plain/solid color only.

Then drop swirl 2 colors minimum and skewer. You may drop as many as you wish over 2.

Last edited:
5. dibbles - I'm in!
16. PenelopeJane - my first try in a comp and doing a drop swirl.

5. dibbles - I'm in!
17. Afbrat - that last challenge was fun!

5. dibbles - I'm in!
18. Deedles - Another diver who can't blame this on Nitrogen. Gotta jump in the deep end at some point!

5. dibbles - I'm in!
18. Deedles - Another diver who can't blame this on Nitrogen. Gotta jump in the deep end at some point!
19. gigisiguenza - even though the soap gremlins have taken up residence in my soap closet and are wreaking havoc on my soaps lately

5. dibbles - I'm in!
19. gigisiguenza - even though the soap gremlins have taken up residence in my soap closet and are wreaking havoc on my soaps lately
20. mymy - normally my mate is doing all of the swirls! Now I want to try it myself.

5. dibbles - I'm in!
20. mymy - normally my mate is doing all of the swirls! Now I want to try it myself.
21. CaraBou - Another diver down, to the deep, envisioning Haida bubblenet swirls around salmon, sea lions and humpback whales :)

Last edited:
5. dibbles - I'm in!
21. CaraBou - Another diver down, to the deep, envisioning Haida bubblenet swirls around salmon, sea lions and humpback whales
22. Cactuslily - ctrl-c and ctrl-v are your friends... you're in!

5. dibbles - I'm in!
21. CaraBou - Another diver down, to the deep, envisioning Haida bubblenet swirls around salmon, sea lions and humpback whales
22. Cactuslily - She's all in! Ante up!

5. dibbles - I'm in!
23. AMD - because NaNoWriMo isn't enough of a challenge this month

5. dibbles - I'm in!
24. Sonya-m - hopefully I will have unpacked my soap supplies in time!!

5. dibbles - I'm in!
20. Songwind - Sounds like fun!

5. dibbles - I'm in!
24. Sonya-m - hopefully I will have unpacked my soap supplies in time!!
25. Songwind - Sounds like fun!

Waiting for soap supplies so I had the time to fix this :)

Back