SMF Soapmaking Challenge November: Drop and Skewer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to break in here, but it appears some may have erroneously voted for more than three soaps. While I consult the challenge mods, please everyone only vote for the top 3 entries. Thank you!

Arg. I didn't get my soap made. I had a large 2-day sale this weekend and it completely consumed my time.

Sorry to all those who have lost loved ones recently. So sad to see those posts.

I'm sorry to break in here, but it appears some may have erroneously voted for more than three soaps. While I consult the challenge mods, please everyone only vote for the top 3 entries. Thank you!

Lionprincess
I noticed that every time I touched a photo it automatically got ticked. I had to go back through a couple of times to ensure I got the right ones.

Usually it prevents you from voting for more than three as it won't let it go through. Isn't it doing that this time?

This time it seems no limit was selected.
I went in and fixed it to only let you do exactly 3, but I had to make a new survey. Those of you that have already voted will need to revote (sorry). I'm waiting to hear the a-ok back from lionprincess to post the link.

It's no big deal! It's not the best website/set up. It's hard to find all the features. In the future, you can just copy one survey that already exists and youll just have to change the responses. You can rename it something different of course!

Ok, I've gotten the go ahead. This is the correct link now! Only use this link to complete the survey please!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FKY65DQ

If anyone needs clarification on why we had to make a new survey please let me know. This new survey will only allow 3 responses to be made. Everyone needs to revote who has already voted please. Thank you everyone for your understanding! :)

Here is my other attempt. I liked both, but the other was my favorite. This is scented with black raspberry vanilla from nurture.

1448402925288.jpg

Thank you both galaxy and saponista for helping me out!!! I had such a struggle this month working off a cell. Yes, please if you voted in the first go back and revote! Good luck to all, and prayers to all struggling with tragedy right now.

Just cut... the pink nightmare continues inside where my lack of restraint with the colors is echoed in the pour and skewering.

8e0e2b33-793a-4748-a5c0-64d478ecb1c5_zps3peeyzy7.jpg

Snappy, My 10 year old daughter has been watching me soap and the videos and looking through the soap results posts and LOVES your pink/purple explosion! It is her favorite of all the drop swirls!

I haveta say the "pink nightmare" soap might not look like you wanted it to ... but it sure is eye catching and bold. I know a few girlfriends, big and little, who would like it a lot!

I couldn't enter, but today my daughter and I were able to work on this and decided to do it. My daughter is 10 and chose the colors and watched the videos and have scrolled through all the entries and she wanted to have me try it.

We watched the video, she kept pausing so I could do the pouring and dropping and stuff. We are both crazy waiting for it to be cut tomorrow. But here is our product post pour.

My skewer was "cheater" chopsticks, cause that is the only thing I could find quickly, plus I used it to fish out the spoon my daughter dropped in the oil bucket when she was mixing the hot melted CO and Cocoa Butter into the lard....

IMG_2475 by Angie price, on Flickr

Angie -- curious minds want to see cut pics when you have them! Sounds like you and your daughter are a good team! :)

Latest posts

Back