SMF Soap Challenges ... across the years

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
September 2020 - Marble Stone Inspired Soap hosted by earlene

Challenge Thread: SMF September 2020 Challenge - Marble Stone Inspired Soap

Entry Thread: ENTRY thread for SMF September 2020 Challenge - Marble stone inspired soap

Some examples of the entries:

szaza hosted the October 2020 Challenge - Tall and Skinny Shimmy

Challenge Thread: October 2020 Challenge - Tall and Skinny Shimmy

Entry Thread: Entry thread for the October 2020 Challenge - Tall and Skinny Shimmy

First & Second place entries:

Attachments

• Peachy Clean Soap.jpg
    Peachy Clean Soap.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 10
  • String Pull Feather.JPG
    String Pull Feather.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The June, July and August 2019 challenges:

June 2019 - Rimmed Soap
Challenge: SMF June 2019 Challenge - Rimmed Soap
Entry: June 2019 SMF Challenge - Rimmed Soap - ENTRY THREAD

First place: HowieRoll's textured paw prints Rimmed soap
full

July 2019 - Landscape/NOT Seascape Design
Challenge: July 2019 SMF Challenge - Landscape/NOT Seascape Design
Entry: July 2019 SMF Challenge Entry Thread - Landscape/NOT Seascape Soaps

First place: Mobjack Bay's Virginia's piedmont region
full

August 2019 - Summer Memory
Challenge: August 2019 SMF Challenge- Summer memory
Entry: August 2019 Summer Memory Challenge Entries

First place- Mobjack Bay's rendition of a summer day she enjoyed with her son on the West coast of France
2d19801a-eca9-4f70-bb4b-7cf2e0b07277-jpeg.41121
@Mobjack Bay - somehow I missed these two, but they are both beyond beautiful! :)

I must dig up my non-challenge entry from January 2019 - it appears to have been missed off this list. I remember because I won! 😇

@Mobjack Bay - somehow I missed these two, but they are both beyond beautiful! :)

I must dig up my non-challenge entry from January 2019 - it appears to have been missed off this list. I remember because I won! 😇

I just looked up the 2019 challenge you won...😍 Never saw it as I wasn’t a member back then...absolutely fabulous! 😍😍😍

Your dot soaps were fantastic! OMG, those two soaps I made took me like 8 hours each because it was before I had the hang of controlling trace and using accelerating FOs.

True your photo was not in this post: SMF Soap Challenges ... across the years but the link includes your photo. If you look back at previous posts on that same page (page 1 of this thread), you'll notice that SaltedFig had not included photos from each winning entry thread for each month. Only later did we start including more links to winning photos.
I am pretty sure that SaltedFig had no intention to slight anyone. Her main goal was to create a thread with links to all previous Challenges that we as Hostesses could keep up-to-date along the way so that those Challenges and Entry threads could be easily found. In the past, finding them was more difficult.

True your photo was not in this post: SMF Soap Challenges ... across the years but the link includes your photo. If you look back at previous posts on that same page (page 1 of this thread), you'll notice that SaltedFig had not included photos from each winning entry thread for each month. Only later did we start including more links to winning photos.
I am pretty sure that SaltedFig had no intention to slight anyone. Her main goal was to create a thread with links to all previous Challenges that we as Hostesses could keep up-to-date along the way so that those Challenges and Entry threads could be easily found. In the past, finding them was more difficult.
Oh no - I wasn't thinking badly of Salted Fig in any way. She has done an amazing job in collating everything here for us. Anyway - I just looked back and yes, you are right, I found the link to the Dotty challenge in post #18. I never knew it was there until now! :) Thank you Earlene.

March 2021 - Dutch Pour Technique (asa Air Blow or Wind Blow Technique)

Challenge thread: SMF March 2021 Soap Challenge - Air Blow Technique aka Dutch Pour Technique aka Wind Blow Technique

Entry thread: Entry thread for March 2021 Challenge - Air Blow Technique aka Dutch Pour Technique aka Wind Blow Technique

A particularly difficult challenge, well met by our participants some who Perhaps a first in this monthly competition, in that all entries placed with ties for first & third place, as you will see in the entry thread.

An Honorable mention, based solely on the challenge hostess' whim, goes to:

bookreader451, who used a blow dryer for her creation:

1617119519030.png

Latest posts

Back