SMF Soap Challenge August - Inverted Stamping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry not_ally. You are more than welcome to vote. Life is more important than soap challenges. I hope you manage to find a corner somewhere to start soaping again. It really is a great stress reliever.

I haven't commented on anyone's specific entries at the moment as I don't want to seem biased. That's why I have been a bit quiet on the thread at the moment.

I recognise the chocolate soap as one of newbies entries on the mad oils soap challenge so it is actually her soap I think carabou! :)

Voted! Great soaps everyone. Although I did not get a soap made for August I will definitely sign up for September's challenge and get my soap made. Can't wait to see what the September challenge is.

Sorry I haven't posted anything about it. I like building suspense. :wink:

I want to add a little twist to it. You will all see. I mean, its not a "challenge" if you can just do whatever you want!

Sorry I haven't posted anything about it. I like building suspense. :wink:

I want to add a little twist to it. You will all see. I mean, its not a "challenge" if you can just do whatever you want!

OK, this calls for a hint. Will I need to order some more of the Pina Colada FO that I use that takes 3 weeks to discolor? Or, will I need to find a FO that discolors immediately?

ETA: I'm placing a first order with Mike's. Does anyone know of any of his FOs that discolor?

No, it has to do more with the reason for your color choices/motivation for your plan.

There is no min/max for discolor time and it doesn't have to be 100% discolored yet (some take weeks or even months for 100%!) I will just have to see the point. Most FO's take no more than a few days though for you to get most of the discolor. That means for this challenge there will be less last minute entries. It will require more planning. I will need a picture of the soap no less than 3 days after it is made. I'm also going to ask for a picture of it in the mold.

Ok, no more, you will all get more details in the main post on Monday evening. I'm making my soap Saturday with a video.

ETA: Yes, mikes honey discolors to really nice caramel color and violet (although it accelerates) goes to beige. I'm also pretty certain creme brulee discolors (I have it but I haven't soaped with it. It smells very similar to the honey).

Oh, and your color does not have to discolor just to brown. It can be reds/ oranges/ yellows (or any color) discolor too!

Last edited:
Whew! Just voted and boy was it tough! Everyone made really great soaps except for my sad little gingerbread guys. Good idea, poor results, lol. Hopefully I'll be able to follow along with the September challenge but I won't be able to participate, which makes me very sad. :-( The county fair chaos has started which will keep me busy until the end of Sept. Congrats to everyone who participated in this challenge and I'm looking forward to seeing the creativity coming next month! :thumbup:

Still waiting as only 19 people have voted so I have to make sure everyone gets chance to vote. Also the top two are tied so I need some more ppl to vote to make sure there is a winner!!!!

It's time to announce the winners of this month's challenge. Thank you all for entering, voting and contributing to the challenge thread as we wouldn't be able to run the challenges without you.

The winner is Sonya-m with 18 votes.
Second place goes to TVivian with 14 votes
and third place goes to Lionproncess with 9 votes.

Well done to all of you as the entries were fantastic.

Hopefully you will all enter the September challenge which will be put up soon. Galaxy will be running it and the theme is discolouring fragrance oils.

Thanks again everyone and I hope you enjoyed the challenge.

Saponista xxx

Congratulations to you three, and everyone else as well! I don't think I saw a single soap that I did not like, and would not have been proud to have on my curing shelf. I look forward to September as well, that will be a v. useful learning experience for most of us, I think.

WHATTT?!? I'm shocked! Thank you.. Gosh I don't deserve a win! There were so many others more interesting than mine. I mean, newbie with that wolf and moon that was amazing! Sonya, I LOVED your soap... And also lionprincess, I have no idea how you all bent those wires so perfectly. Good job to everyone! ☺️

wow thanks everyone!!!

Viv I adored yours and totally expected you to win!! LP I loved the half coloured half white on the top of yours it totally set the pattern off. And Newbie your howling wolf was awesome!! I think everyone did great and I for one will definitely be playing with this technique a lot more

Latest posts

Back