SMF Soap Challenge August - Inverted Stamping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've failed to get an attempt in this month unfortunately, and now on my way to Scotland to visit family so won't get a chance before the deadline. The ones already on the entry thread look great, well done everybody so far!

Thought I was being clever using a floral to speed trace. Uh huh! Well except that it got way too thick really quick and the stamps were more like blobs! Back to the drawing board...

Ugh, I just put mine to bed for the night and am not happy with it... oh well. It was a fun challenge and a technique that I'll keep trying until I get it to turn out like it appeared in my head. Everyone else's soaps look great. :D

Yeah, my two attempts today kinda suck. My last is probably the best of the worst so I'll probably post it. What a great challenge, so awesome to do new things!

I did pull off a second batch last night and have posted pics. Unfortunately, I don't consider my tops to be successful in any way (in fact I ruined an otherwise decent pattern). But if I cut them off, the rest of the soap isn't too bad :think:

Ugh, I just put mine to bed for the night and am not happy with it... oh well. It was a fun challenge and a technique that I'll keep trying until I get it to turn out like it appeared in my head. Everyone else's soaps look great. :D

Snappy we totally had the same idea! Did I copy you? Probably...

Last day for entries today. I will set up the survey when I get home tonight and post the link for voting tomorrow. All the entries so far are fantastic. Well done everyone and thanks for participating even if you decide not to post an entry. :)

I didn't get my soap made. I've just been so busy. Hoping to get in on Septembers challenge.

I have pretty much given up on this month, it is not going to happen w/o a miracle. I have been staying at my mom's for a couple of weeks (health issues for both of us), I don't have any of my soap stuff here. I actually ordered a bunch of little fondant cutters from ebay for this challenge, I am sure they are patiently waiting in my mailbox. Oh well. Hope I can do better on the next one.

I'm going to try for this challenge right when I get home! I made my tool last night.

NA, I'm running the challenge for next month. Hopefully I can get my camera to cooperate this weekend with my when I take video!

Lots of nice entries, good job all around. I finally got a chance to make a batch last night and I just posted it to the official entry thread a few minutes ago.

I did such a simple pattern that it went quickly and easily, but I had fun with it. I will definitely be playing with this some more, lots of potential for using this technique.

I nearly used that soft garden wire SunWolf - after seeing yours I probably will next time as its a lot easier to bend than the wire I used. I was worried the soft kind would be too thick

That wire is very easy to bend and the rubber coating is pliable enough that it holds its shape well. I don't think it would work for very small tight bends though, because it is quite thick.

A big plus, it's from Dollar General store and only cost a buck. :D

Annnd, I gave it a shot. My well behaved FO decided it wasn't going to have it today. I couldn't tell in my tester, but this FO accelerates and is a heater weirdly enough. :(

Eta: I got it into the mold, it was just waaay too stiff to do anything new with. I layered it. I have a feeling there are alot of air pockets. Why oh why does this keep happening with challenge soaps??

ETA 2: I need to stick w/FOs I know really well from now on... Guess my tester wasn't good enough.

Last edited:
Did you try to pull color through a white layer? Yours looks a lot better than mine so maybe there's hope for doing it that way. :)

Nah, nothing that fancy. I didn't color cause it's a vanilla and will get super dark soon. But I meant the little wire made into a swirl. I took covered paperclips and made mine, they look similar to yours.

Okay, so I really wasn't happy with my tops and decided to cut them off. Imagine my surprise that the lower layer colors did get picked up, and the stamp shows up as an image embedded through the soap.

IMG_0197_zpsrmslzovf.jpg

Back