SMF Soap Challenge August - Inverted Stamping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't I leave it alone?

I made another attempt this morning and got this (first picture). I thought that I should leave it like that but then, some demon inside me made me continue and I got this (second picture).
I am so annoyed with myself! Why couldn't I leave it alone?

No. 282 (2).JPG

No. 282.JPG

I rather like the gold nframe, but I also have a lovely habit of over working anything artistic that I do. There is always that temptation to add one little something else. Then I usually turn what was actually quite nice into an ugly mess.

Sonya, your tools are so perfectly shaped, mine are all a bit tortured looking. I might not be actually making this soap, this one is stumping me out of the gate.

N-Frame, that is a really, really nice soap. I wish I had done it, and then I would just stop and quit thinking about it.

I guess I'm getting somewhere. I finally got a pattern I like...then promptly ruined it by trying to do a mica drip (which you can kind of see in the corner) ended up throwing in the flag on this and swirling the top. I think I'll have time for one more go of it before the cutoff date.
Please pardon the poor picture quality , it was rather late.
Dh49xrM.jpg

I am going to do this challenge but it's gonna have to wait til Wed or Thursday when my marathon shifts are done :)

And this is the cut soap. Another thing I cannot do and wait until the soap is hard enough. It was still too soft this morning - as a result the diagonal lines flattened when I unmoulded it. I'll never learn!

No. 282(4).JPG

No. 282(5).JPG

For the record I HATE my camera on my HTC one m7. Its awful and I can't get a high pixel crisp shot for any soapy projects I do! I'm due to upgrade and am waiting for a deal to drop the price on a Samsung. So my pics are up, blur and all. So frustrating!

1. Lionprincess

2. Sonya-m

3. PinkCupcake

4. Dillsandwich

5. Vkumudini

6. Balloons

7. KCHaystack

8. not_ally (argh, 10 batches of inverted stamping tries in my future. This looks hard (imagine whiny Malibu Barbie voice.)

9. TheDragonGirl

10. jules92207

11. Janzo

12. nframe

13. SunWolf (Woo hoo! Lucky number 13!! Now to figure out what to do. )

14. Commoncenz

15. rainycityjen

16. CaraBou

17. tbeck3579

18. Soapswirl

19. KristaY

20. GalaxyMLP

21. dibbles

22. TVivian

23. snappyllama

24. Luv2Soap

25. Mrs Spaceship (Who's tickled all sorts of colors to be able to participate!)

26. TeresaT (maybe I won't soap in the dark this month!)

27. Newbie (trying to combine challenges this month as The Soap Bar has a good one too!)

28. will vote ( dont have time to enter this month) not sure if im late

UUUG...This month is going by so fast because I have been really busy. I need to get my soap made.

Can I still sign up and try? I wanted to do earlier, but I wasn't high enough on the posting requirement, but noticed today that I have surpassed that 50 mark.

I still need to research the faster tracing oils--I have a variety to work with but have fallen into the lard/tallow recently, which I understand as slow... I don't do palm either, (just a don't have--didn't buy situation).

I was gonna try alone anyways, but I always need accountability to force myself into getting things done that are new...so I am asking to join.

Can I still sign up and try? I wanted to do earlier, but I wasn't high enough on the posting requirement, but noticed today that I have surpassed that 50 mark.

I still need to research the faster tracing oils--I have a variety to work with but have fallen into the lard/tallow recently, which I understand as slow... I don't do palm either, (just a don't have--didn't buy situation).

I was gonna try alone anyways, but I always need accountability to force myself into getting things done that are new...so I am asking to join.
Since voting hasn't started, I don't see a reason why you can't enter your soap! I haven't even made mine yet... I don't think it would be fair to bar you from entering. However, becasue this is Saponistas challenge, I think it would be best if she had the final weigh in on that.

Back