SMF Soap Challenge August - Inverted Stamping

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I made my first try today... Lesson 1 - air must be able to flow or it creates a vacuum.

I used one of those little plastic cups that come with medicine - fail.

1439163436533.jpg

Well I made my first try today... Lesson 1 - air must be able to flow or it creates a vacuum.

I used one of those little plastic cups that come with medicine - fail.

Yup.. I had that same suction cup issue with my flower cutters! The cool thing about this technique is that even when they don't come out perfect, they still look awesome! So nice job :)

I like it very much. I like the homemade look, the small imperfections that make handmade unique. It's pretty!

I love both of them nframe. The swirly flower shapes look really cool when used with this technique. I love the rhubarb root colour, such a lovely shade of pink. Let us know if it holds, I have some rhubarb on my allotment so might give it a go. The root always looks a bright orange colour when I have dug it up before. I'm so glad you decided to enter this month :)

I've been experimenting with all the kitchen tools. I like the whip, pastry cutter and apple cutter, but not the egg cutter. Maybe the pic will give someone creative ideas. I usually like doing something I've seen because that creative part me isn't well developed. This is pushing me outside of my comfort zone :shock:

Tools%20for%20Inverted_zpsgzo6yagl.jpg

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that I did this challenge because this technique was on my to-do list but I wasn't sure how to go about it. The video was really helpful - thank you Claire.

I have some rhubarb on my allotment so might give it a go. The root always looks a bright orange colour when I have dug it up before.

I used some dried rhubarb root and let it infuse in olive oil for a couple of months. I don't know whether you can use fresh root - you might have to let it dry first.

I love both of them nframe. The swirly flower shapes look really cool when used with this technique. I love the rhubarb root colour, such a lovely shade of pink. Let us know if it holds, I have some rhubarb on my allotment so might give it a go. The root always looks a bright orange colour when I have dug it up before. I'm so glad you decided to enter this month :)

Here is a blog I stumbled across while looking for various plants to use in soaps -- Rhubarb Soap, complete from digging up, to infusing, and her soap recipe. Such a pretty soap color.

Rhubarb+soap.jpg

http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

When do I need to post the entry? The 25th? I need to look at the rules again. I've kept up the exploration and I'm trying these stamps on the soap I make tomorrow. I've had fun with it but I need to take care of the everyday stuff after this. Somehow the garden, yard, house and laundry doesn't seem to care of itself. It keeps piling up despite my protests. I sure hope these look better or I'm going with the apple cutter for the design. It looked like the inside of an orange so I can do an orange soap. Keeping my fingers crossed the branch and butterfly will be cool.

Pin%20Stamps_zpshwtrryu7.jpg

Ergggggh It's been so freaking busy here the last few weeks. Is it too late to sign up? Wire is my specialty, so I was twitching at this one! I can get soap made before the 25th probably, but not in the next couple days. Twitch. Twitch.

Also, just going to quickly suggest, 16 or 18 gage craft wire from Michael's /Hobby Lobby etc. Not silver plated. Get dead soft or craft wire. Shouldnt be more than a few dollars and should be aluminum. Sometimes I pick up that really inexpensive stuff when I am trying a new idea so I don't tear up yards of sterling silver or silver plated wire. Silver plated is ok, just a few dollars more, some comes in half hard, too, which is harder to bend. For those wanting to try wire still. Ok, wire nerd out.

Also, just going to quickly suggest, 16 or 18 gage craft wire from Michael's /Hobby Lobby etc. Not silver plated. Get dead soft or craft wire. Shouldnt be more than a few dollars and should be aluminum. Sometimes I pick up that really inexpensive stuff when I am trying a new idea so I don't tear up yards of sterling silver or silver plated wire. Silver plated is ok, just a few dollars more, some comes in half hard, too, which is harder to bend. For those wanting to try wire still. Ok, wire nerd out.

Did you mean "shouldnt" be aluminum? Aluminum reacts quite terribly with lye to create a chemical and physical reaction.

Latest posts

Back