SMF September 2021 Challenge - Weather Event or Life Event Inspired soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peachy, I have to admit your background story for your Wings of Angels soap brought a tear to my eye & my throat tightened up the way it does when I am about to cry. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. What an awful time you and your family had to go through, but what a blessing to come to you in that unique and magical home you were in so temporarily. I hope all who lived there afterward had similarly blessed moments.
Awww thank you & I appreciate your sweet heartfelt post 🤗💞. Yes we are in our same home 36 years later. I was afraid of judgement & really pondered if I should share it in depth' after I thought about it long and hard Ive concluded it wouldn't be right not to share in it's entirety as it occurred' putting away my fears, I went for it. 💞🌈👐🏼.

Tara, I missed your ribcage incident (I'll have to go search and see what's up with that.) No, I didn't miss it after all! Hope you are feeling well and on the mend, as I do for and that your sick chick is on the mend.
Thank you, the chicken is very much on the mend, I think! He spent all day yesterday in my office being tended to regularly, but this evening we decided he's well enough to join the rest of the flock and we'll keep him under observation. (Sour crop, for the curious, quite unpleasant and potentially fatal if not treated quickly and thoroughly.)
I didn't manage to get an entry in (as I guess was obvious!) but I really enjoyed planning for this challenge and thinking back to the events leading up to our wedding and the fun and drama of the day itself. We got married on the 13th anniversary of the day we met, and I made the wedding cake and the bridesmaids' dresses myself, so there was a lot of planning and work involved.
It's been a fun trip down memory lane, thanks @earlene :)

Thank you, the chicken is very much on the mend, I think! He spent all day yesterday in my office being tended to regularly, but this evening we decided he's well enough to join the rest of the flock and we'll keep him under observation. (Sour crop, for the curious, quite unpleasant and potentially fatal if not treated quickly and thoroughly.)
I didn't manage to get an entry in (as I guess was obvious!) but I really enjoyed planning for this challenge and thinking back to the events leading up to our wedding and the fun and drama of the day itself. We got married on the 13th anniversary of the day we met, and I made the wedding cake and the bridesmaids' dresses myself, so there was a lot of planning and work involved.
It's been a fun trip down memory lane, thanks @earlene :)
Awww wonderful news on your Feather Baby' Yay 😍🥳.

Very well done everyone!
@linne1gi I like the Florida colors you used in your palm trees, and the swirling clouds around them.
@Mobjack Bay your soaps are beautiful, and each one is interesting in its color and pattern. I loved hearing your story, and I'm sure you have many more to tell.
@ResolvableOwl your color combination is one of my favorites and your idea of using glycerin rivers to create the effect was brilliant thinking! We had a very dry summer here too, with drought conditions over most of our state. Our poor garden had dry, cracked soil, and our pond was lower than I've seen it in 30 years here. Fortunately, we've had a bit of rain which has helped, but not enough I'm afraid. And now we're in the unloved position of having to hope for a lot of snow this winter.
@Catscankim your story really touched my heart. I love that you and your friend poured the soap together and it is a beautiful tribute to her. I see the hearts, and the love, in the soap you made in your friend's honor. I also have a friend (fortunately she's still with me) who I knew casually for years - and didn't really like her. I think it was more that I really didn't understand her. But little by little we got to know each other better and she is now one of my closest friends. I'm fortunate to have her in my life.
@Peachy Clean Soap I love the angel wings soap you made. What an incredible story, and I thank you for sharing it. It's wonderful that you are still in the same home today.

Very well done everyone!
@linne1gi I like the Florida colors you used in your palm trees, and the swirling clouds around them.
@Mobjack Bay your soaps are beautiful, and each one is interesting in its color and pattern. I loved hearing your story, and I'm sure you have many more to tell.
@ResolvableOwl your color combination is one of my favorites and your idea of using glycerin rivers to create the effect was brilliant thinking! We had a very dry summer here too, with drought conditions over most of our state. Our poor garden had dry, cracked soil, and our pond was lower than I've seen it in 30 years here. Fortunately, we've had a bit of rain which has helped, but not enough I'm afraid. And now we're in the unloved position of having to hope for a lot of snow this winter.
@Catscankim your story really touched my heart. I love that you and your friend poured the soap together and it is a beautiful tribute to her. I see the hearts, and the love, in the soap you made in your friend's honor. I also have a friend (fortunately she's still with me) who I knew casually for years - and didn't really like her. I think it was more that I really didn't understand her. But little by little we got to know each other better and she is now one of my closest friends. I'm fortunate to have her in my life.
@Peachy Clean Soap I love the angel wings soap you made. What an incredible story, and I thank you for sharing it. It's wonderful that you are still in the same home today.
Auh Thank you. 🌈 🤗💫

I loved the soaps and stories behind them - I did make two failed attempts at snowstorm soaps but just as well - snowstorms weren’t really major life events, just a part of life. I’ll post pics if I can clean them up enough to make them presentable. I live in northernish New England where we average about six feet of snow per winter - not as much as Buffalo or the Upper Peninsula or other places, but enough that it’s definitely a part of life here. I love the winter, and for my kids snow and winter sports played big roles in December - March. As I get older it might not be as much fun, so I’m enjoying it while I can. ❄️

For the entire time I’ve been making soap, which is about 2.5 years now, I’ve mostly thought of soap making as a design and technique mastery challenge. The stories behind the soaps by @Catscankim and @Peachy Clean Soap showed me how much more it can be. They uncovered significant life challenges, as well as good, kind people in the world who might otherwise go unnoticed. Thank you both for sharing your stories and your inspirational soaps.

For the entire time I’ve been making soap, which is about 2.5 years now, I’ve mostly thought of soap making as a design and technique mastery challenge. The stories behind the soaps by @Catscankim and @Peachy Clean Soap showed me how much more it can be. They uncovered significant life challenges, as well as good, kind people in the world who might otherwise go unnoticed. Thank you both for sharing your stories and your inspirational soaps.
Awww well said & right back at you. I loved your soap you managed to capture the colors of our ocean in movement. not only beautifully captivating' your story was most intriguing.

Latest posts

Back