SMF September 2020 Challenge - Marble Stone Inspired Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabulous Entries, everyone! Some of those inspiration photos make me want to make even more marble soaps, now.

The Entry Thread is now closed to additional entries for the Marble soap challenge. When the voting link is ready, I will send it via private messages (aka Conversations) to all participants on the sign up list.

Winners will be announced on September 30, 2020 after voting closes at 2:00 pm GMT.

Good Luck to everyone!

ETA: Voting information sent to participants. (see this post for list of participants) Let me know if you have any problems with the process so I can work on a solution.

Last edited:
I feel pretty bummed I missed this so I will show my fail. This soap crumbled up pretty bad but I can't make soap until I can get some of the supplies I need to fill the hole that mouse may have come in from.

Attachments

• 20200920_163633[1].jpg
    20200920_163633[1].jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 26
I feel pretty bummed I missed this so I will show my fail. This soap crumbled up pretty bad but I can't make soap until I can get some of the supplies I need to fill the hole that mouse may have come in from.
It looks like you had a beautiful thing going with the soaps you made, even if cutting didn't go well. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you to enter a soap this time.

It looks like you had a beautiful thing going with the soaps you made, even if cutting didn't go well. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you to enter a soap this time.
I learned two things. One- use 1 tsp of salt ppo or per 500g tops. I used 15g, which is about a tbsp (I should have known better but I usually use SL anyway) and two- pour colored batter or colorants to the side and use the funnel pitcher. That could have helped me out too.

I learned two things. One- use 1 tsp of salt ppo or per 500g tops. I used 15g, which is about a tbsp (I should have known better but I usually use SL anyway) and two- pour colored batter or colorants to the side and use the funnel pitcher. That could have helped me out too.
I think they are pretty! You can call it "The Quarry" - because it looks like a marble quarry with big hunks of marble that have been carved out of it.

Fabulous Entries, everyone! Some of those inspiration photos make me want to make even more marble soaps, now.

The Entry Thread is now closed to additional entries for the Marble soap challenge. When the voting link is ready, I will send it via private messages (aka Conversations) to all participants on the sign up list.

Winners will be announced on September 30, 2020 after voting closes at 2:00 pm GMT.

Good Luck to everyone!

ETA: Voting information sent to participants. (see this post for list of participants) Let me know if you have any problems with the process so I can work on a solution.
Darn! Missed it again. When do you post the next month challenge?

Darn! Missed it again. When do you post the next month challenge?

The next challenge is hosted by szaza and I believe she plans on posting the challenge on Oct 2nd, so watch for it. It can take a few days for the banner to get updated at the top of the page, so keep an eye on the list of posts in this (the Lye-Based Soap Forum) forum.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Winners will be announced in a little less than an hour. We are still shy one vote, so if you (the who hasn't voted yet) read this in the next 45 minutes, you still have time.

The next challenge is hosted by szaza and I believe she plans on posting the challenge on Oct 2nd, so watch for it. It can take a few days for the banner to get updated at the top of the page, so keep an eye on the list of posts in this (the Lye-Based Soap Forum) forum.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Winners will be announced in a little less than an hour. We are still shy one vote, so if you (the who hasn't voted yet) read this in the next 45 minutes, you still have time.
Thanks for your reply, I’ll look for it 😊

Back