SMF September 2020 Challenge - Marble Stone Inspired Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid question...how do I know if I have the required 50 "postings"? My account info says "55 messages", but I know I haven't started 50 thread posts. Is this message number the same as postings?
Like Gemstone said. Before a recent software update (a year or so ago, now I think), that number to the left said 'posts' not 'messages' and 'conversations' used to be called 'private messages' - these changes make it confusing for newer members when the rules or instructions continue as they were.

I posted the entry thread a little early because I have to go to the cities to p/u my car & return the loaner I've had while it was being serviced. In order to consolidate gasoline usage, I plan to stop at some stores for a few things I can't get here in town. That always ends up taking more time than anticipated. So I'd rather open it early than later.

Here is the link: ENTRY thread for SMF September 2020 Challenge - Marble stone inspired soap

I posted the entry thread a little early because I have to go to the cities to p/u my car & return the loaner I've had while it was being serviced. In order to consolidate gasoline usage, I plan to stop at some stores for a few things I can't get here in town. That always ends up taking more time than anticipated. So I'd rather open it early than later.

Here is the link: ENTRY thread for SMF September 2020 Challenge - Marble stone inspired soap
Oh no -not the city!!! daaaahhhh. :) Hope you have a successful day of hunting and gathering and that your car is fixed just right.

So I made my soap an the bottom was pretty cool too. So I am posting the bottom of my slab looks like clouds But still marbled.

Attachments

• 5F3257D1-54C5-49CE-8E7C-8CADB8E76CA7.jpeg
    5F3257D1-54C5-49CE-8E7C-8CADB8E76CA7.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 39
Oh no -not the city!!! daaaahhhh. :) Hope you have a successful day of hunting and gathering and that your car is fixed just right.

Well, it was an interesting outing. I brought Kitty Baby along. She HATED the loaner, and was very pleased to get back onto her perch in her own car. I brought her with me because I wanted her to pick out her new winter bed at PetSmart, which she did. Then we crossed the river into Iowa to buy gasoline at Costco (about a $1.00 less per gallon than here) and then a walk-about in the grassy/wooded area beyond the stores. Finally we met Hubby for lunch, where we enjoyed outside seating; she had some water & generally maintained a steady vigilance under my chair. Then we went back home to a long nap.

Well, it was an interesting outing. I brought Kitty Baby along. She HATED the loaner, and was very pleased to get back onto her perch in her own car. I brought her with me because I wanted her to pick out her new winter bed at PetSmart, which she did. Then we crossed the river into Iowa to buy gasoline at Costco (about a $1.00 less per gallon than here) and then a walk-about in the grassy/wooded area beyond the stores. Finally we met Hubby for lunch, where we enjoyed outside seating; she had some water & generally maintained a steady vigilance under my chair. Then we went back home to a long nap.
I needed a nap just reading of your adventures. Glad Kitty Baby is happy. That's the main thing after all.

I can tell voting is going to be hard again this month! There are some beautiful entries right out of the gate!

I made my first attempt (and first batch in 2 months) and my soaping mojo was not working for me. I wanted to give my OMH fragrance some depth and added some French Vanilla. This was my first time combining those fragrances and man, did they misbehave! I had grand plans, but was happy to just get my soap in the mold with a mica line. I was discouraged until this morning when I cut it and was pleasantly surprised by how forgiving the marbling techniques are. I'm going to try one more time tomorrow and hope to have better luck.

So glad this challenge is not smell based... I decided to infuse some tobacco in alcohol because I know the color it makes. But, then second guessed myself and added a little tumeric to the infusion. 🤢 LOLOL!!

Hey, folks, I realize I inadvertently scheduled the better part of a day from closing the entry thread to opening voting when I made the initial post in this thread.

1601141409682.png

What would you all prefer from these two options:

1. Extent the Entry Timeframe longer (say another 8 or 9 hours)

OR

2. Open voting sooner (probably directly after closing the entry thread, which would actually give you all 3 full days to submit your votes)

I will be glad to accommodate the majority of those of you who respond to this question (who are also actively participating in this challenge). Please reply here. Thank you.

Voting will still close and the winners be announced as previously stated, no matter which you choose.

Hey, folks, I realize I inadvertently scheduled the better part of a day from closing the entry thread to opening voting when I made the initial post in this thread.

View attachment 49923

OR

2. Open voting sooner (probably directly after closing the entry thread, which would actually give you all 3 full days to submit your votes)

I will be glad to accommodate the majority of those of you who respond to this question (who are also actively participating in this challenge). Please reply here. Thank you.

Voting will still close and the winners be announced as previously stated, no matter which you choose.
I vote option 1, to give any last-minute entries a chance to sneak in

View attachment 49923

OR

I also vote opt 1 - allow more time for all to be able to enter 🙂

As someone whose soap is just now cooling in the mold, I should abstain due to conflict of interest, but obviously would be blessed to extend the closing time if everyone else is good with that. My soap isn't likely to win so you don't need to worry about me sneaking in with a ringer. :rolling:

Well, I thought third time might be the charm, but noooo. Something went wrong with my lye calculation (something like solving riddles late at night) and I ended up with...something. It is the best looking batch, but it didn't fully saponify. Hubby said "It looks like fudge. You've been making fudge this whole time and not telling anyone haven't you" 😂

Well, here's my inspiration anyway....my much beloved step-Dad's paper weight.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (32).jpg
    FullSizeRender (32).jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 11
This month has sadly got away from me as I'm in the throes of moving house ... I have a soap in the mould and will post it here when it's cut. Well done to all those who did manage an entry!

Back