SMF September 2016 Challenge Entry Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Entries can now be submitted! Please post ONLY your entries on this thread. Any other comments/compliments or discussion should be left on the original challenge thread.

Please post a picture of your container before you poured it and a pic of at least one bar of soap.

Multiple pictures are always enjoyed and ogled. Any information you wish to give on your techniques, colors, fragrances or soaping experience is also welcomed.

This thread will close on the date I said (which I think was Sept 26th but I have to check.)

#22, TeriDk. Here is my ribbon pour that got thick at the end. Lemongrass and lavender. Not sure how to load all 3 pics.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting technique, I'll be looking for a proper long spouted container to try it again. I used a paper towel roll and duct tape to create a spout on a normal mixing bowl, it worked but a bit messy overflowing.

The white-ish bits on the bar are ground oatmeal...didn't get it ground quite enough...:(

IMG_2400.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2410.JPG

My entry is a High Oleic Dual Lye recipe which I made on Sept 19, using OO, HO Safflower Oil, Camellia Oil and CO. Colorants: Steph's M&M: Cosmic Purple, Glitzy Green Neon, Bodacious Blue and plain uncolored batter. FO: a blend of Energy and Cedarwood Sage.

Loaded container:
Dual%20Lye%20High%20Oleic%20Soap%20-%20Ribbon%20Pour%20-%20Loaded%20container%20-%202016Sept19.jpg

The soap picture includes a one-pound block not yet cut, as well as 3 cut bars and a car from an individual mold:

Dual%20Lye%20High%20Oleic%20Soap%20-%20Ribbon%20Pour%202016Sept19%20-%20SMF%20Sept%20Entry.jpg

I used Clean Type FO.
They were poured into single rectangular molds.
The colours are 1 tsp per 250g batter of NG Sunshine yellow mica, NG green vibrance mica and My mica obsession olive grove mica.
Amazingly half the batter was uncoloured.
Have added the bars with a "planned" top. (I don't have a planner so this is a bit rustic but I think this technique really needs a planner to show the finished product.)

pot.jpg

IMG_4606 end.jpg

IMG_4607 top.jpg

IMG_4605 end.jpg

IMG_4627.JPG

Last edited:
I am not thrilled with how mine turned out, but don't think I'll have a chance to get another attempt done before the deadline, so I'll post now. If I do get time, I'll delete these and update. Scented with NG Deadly Weapon and poured in individual molds. The colors are wine red and bronze, which just looks brown (blah).

dPMCwcB.jpg

z0FbKkz.jpg

The one on the left was poured while at a thin trace still. By the time the other was poured it was much thicker.

Well here it is. I'd hoped to get a third attempt in but just haven't found the time.

It's scented with lime EO and lavender EO.

I think I poured at just too light trace though - I feel I would have gotten a better pour with slightly thicker soap

In the jug/bowl:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1474913737.615813.jpg

Just poured:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1474913760.544087.jpg

The top of one bar:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1474913790.141751.jpg

One of the bars cut in half - please use this picture as my entry:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1474913840.398863.jpg

Or this one :)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1474913881.571797.jpg

Everyone did a fantastic job! It was tough trying to narrow it down to just 3, but I finally got my vote in.

IrishLass :)

Back