SMF October 2021 challenge - butterfly hanger swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried one more pour, mostly because I loved @earlene ’s monarch colors! I went with AC and
Nurture Soap Eye of the Tiger and Fire Fly. I also wanted to try out a FO I got from Soapalooza. It’s pretty awesome and behaved a little to well! I was afraid it was gonna be too fluid and mix. Plus it smells pretty good.. Lavender Ginger. I couldn’t wait until morning to cut it! As soon as I got home from work I unmolded it! It was still warm! 😳😬

But OMG! I’m so pleasantly surprised! I will never be able to recreate this! Thanks @Primrose this was a awesome challenge and @earlene for the inspiration!
View attachment 62134
I think the very thin trace did have the colors blending a bit with the base making the charcoal a pleasant gray and shading to the orange and yellow! I’m so excited!😍

Holy smoke this is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Beautiful Soap' Wow!!! left image a "Beautiful Butterfly" Right Image I see a "beautiful butterfly" in the image of a lady in high heels with a Flared Skirt.
Absolutely Love It.. 🧼🦋👠👠👗
Yes! I see the old fashion lace up boots or cowboy boots one a lady would wear to go line dancing. 👢

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I’ve been very devastated by the loss but I hope to find the joy in soaping again with time and be back to engaging more here with you all as I miss that a lot. ♥
Your soap is a lovely tribute to your mother. Well done. Loosing one's mother is devastating. I often wish I could share little tidbits of my day with her or brag or cry about something to her. May your fond memories of her sustain you.

My heart goes out to you for your loss, Jersey Girl. I heard a wise insight regarding grief after losing my father: Grief is the space where we feel close to the person we’ve lost. For me, that concept frames grief as a positive process.

The celebration of butterflies and their connection with your mother was beautiful. She gifted you with a rich treasure of memories. ❤️

Wonderful news! Congratulations @dibbles on your incredible butterfly. To be honest, I just reviewed all the entries again and the only one I definitely remember voting for was yours, hands-down! 😍 Well deserved first place! @Cat&Oak your turquoise and gold butterfly brought a smile to my face. How on earth did you choose between that and the other two soaps that you posted? I flipped out over both of those!

The butterfly swirl soaps everyone entered were amazing. This forum is filled with extraordinary talent!!!

Thank you @dibbles and @Cat&Oak and everyone who read the story about my daughter and the monarch chrysalises. Here is a pic of the first one released by her and her class.
766158F3-6677-450A-8B52-843489FEFEAB.jpeg

@violets2217 incredible soap inspired me to keep my supplies out and try some monarch swirls. 😊

Back