SMF October 2016 Soap Challenge- Spoon Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow! I was not thinking I would be in the winner's circle at all! I'm honored.

Congrats to the other's and to everyone who took a chance to enter this month!!!

I knew! I confess I didn't vote for you because I knew you nailed and were guaranteed a win - so I spread the joy and voted for 3 others!

Thank you everyone. I'm a little embarrassed (but I'll get over it). A big congratulations to everyone in the challenge - it's not easy to "put yourself out there", but its a great feeling to participate!

Wow, that's a nice afternoon pick-me-up! Thanks everyone! There were some great looking soaps this month.

For those that asked about my colorant, I'm afraid it's non-scientific. I used about 1 oz ppo of Nurture Violet Red (or Red Violet? I can't remember and I'm not at home just now - it's a pink color in the jar) plus I added some Nurture Orchid Purple - maybe a quarter teaspoon ppo or so. It looks more purply-pink when you mix it in water but added to soap and gelled it turns this nice berry color. I've used this "recipe" a few times and always get good color with it.

I wish you could put all the entries together for us to all look at, I would try to go find them all but this forum loads so slow I don't have time on my lunch hour. Maybe it's me, I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback. It's such a luscious color and such a gorgeous soap. I figured it might be a combo or red and blue somehow. Now I'll have to see if I have those colors or similar!

Wow, that's a nice afternoon pick-me-up! Thanks everyone! There were some great looking soaps this month.

For those that asked about my colorant, I'm afraid it's non-scientific. I used about 1 oz ppo of Nurture Violet Red (or Red Violet? I can't remember and I'm not at home just now - it's a pink color in the jar) plus I added some Nurture Orchid Purple - maybe a quarter teaspoon ppo or so. It looks more purply-pink when you mix it in water but added to soap and gelled it turns this nice berry color. I've used this "recipe" a few times and always get good color with it.

Latest posts

Back