SMF November 2022 - Trees

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For everyone's amusement, here is my non-entry. This was an attempted reverse feather swirl, but as you can see, no feathering happened, not in reverse or forward or any direction whatsoever. 😆

View attachment 69746

My entry soap is marginally better, although I feel badly that it is the same color palette as @Mobjack Bay. I really did make the first soap before you posted your entry, and I didn't have enough creativity to come up with a new color palette for the second try. I can now relate to @Zing's struggles with this technique. It just doesn't look that hard, but apparently there is something to it that I'm missing.

Also, both soaps stayed very soft for days - quite unusual for me. I'm at the end of my lye masterbatch and am thinking that perhaps there was enough air in the container that some of it converted into soda ash, leaving the solution quite a bit weaker. I did make a new batch this weekend, so we will see what the next batch of soap may do.
I absolutely see a tree -- an evergreen tree bent sideways in a severe wind.

@Zing and @glendam thank you for your kind indulgences! Members of my household suggested winged Christmas stockings. But then they admitted, it is pretty much just blobs. 😆 😂

Ah well. They smell good and may end up as pretty shreds for more soap paste, confetti soaps, or ciaglia soaps.

This was one of my non-entries ...
It was beautiful and shiny when I made it (3 days after making the soap dough)
Then it got ash 😅

I did have some fun making tree soaps, great challenge

Attachments

• Trees non-entry.jpeg
    Trees non-entry.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 0
All those on the sign up sheet have (finally) now got a survey link

Good luck!

For everyone's amusement, here is my non-entry. This was an attempted reverse feather swirl, but as you can see, no feathering happened, not in reverse or forward or any direction whatsoever. 😆

View attachment 69746

My entry soap is marginally better, although I feel badly that it is the same color palette as @Mobjack Bay. I really did make the first soap before you posted your entry, and I didn't have enough creativity to come up with a new color palette for the second try. I can now relate to @Zing's struggles with this technique. It just doesn't look that hard, but apparently there is something to it that I'm missing.

Also, both soaps stayed very soft for days - quite unusual for me. I'm at the end of my lye masterbatch and am thinking that perhaps there was enough air in the container that some of it converted into soda ash, leaving the solution quite a bit weaker. I did make a new batch this weekend, so we will see what the next batch of soap may do.
Thank you for maki g me smile with your soap- and ESPECIALLY for making g me feel that I’m not alone in having challenges with that reverse feather swirl! I’m on vacay and had no time for a second try. My first (which I entered just for the heck of it) made me laugh as well

Latest posts

Back