SMF May Challenge- Interpretation, not Imitation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's awful, so no entry for me. If I had more time I'm sure I could have gotten somewhere closer but something about these challenges make me afraid to blend too much and I won't have time to create my design so I often end up with way to light of trace and my soaps become a muddled mess.

Here is my failed attempt...

Jules, I think you should have entered that soap! It is a great interpretation. You should see my fails...

Yup. Two tries and couldnt get to #3. So disappointed...but I had a rough time with this challenge. I am so much better at studying something, working hard to perfect it etc. Not so good at abstract interpretation. Sorry newb! I tried!!!! Off to make sure I have enough eos for the new swap!

Obviously not going to get an entry made for this month, considering it's technically closed. One of those times when life got in the way of my fun :(

Ditto. It's giving me a message saying it's incorrect. No biggie though - I wasn't able to try out the challenge so don;t really feel qualified to vote.

It worked for me.

Fewer entries does not equal easier decision. Great soaps everyone, and I enjoyed reading what your inspiration was.

This was a fun challenge - challenging for sure, but fun. Thanks Newbie!

got it this time! Thanks for hosting a super fun challenge, newbie. It was great seeing how others interpreted the same photos.

Going off to vote now. I'm sorry I didn't make it this time. I sort of had a plan but, like others, life got in the way and isn't stopping for a while.

ETA It was difficult to choose three... congrats to all those who entered. Well done!

Last edited:
Wow, thank you all for your kind words. I really wasn't expecting that! Next time I'll enter anyway even if I think it's a fail, I totally know what you mean how what we see as a fail is so not when the tables are reversed. But thank you!

And I just voted! That was a challenge. Nicely done everyone!

Last edited:
Oh dear, so sorry I didn't get an entry in - last weekend we were needed at my parents' massive garage sale, and this weekend we were needed to help them move house. No soaping possible.

Awesome entries ... just about to vote ... but it's very hard, they all have different great qualitites!

Fewer entries does not equal easier decision.

^^^Yes!^^^
I foolishly thought the hard part was done when I finished my soap. Not so - voting was excruciating!

Newbie, thank you so much for everything - the thought that went in to choosing the pictures, the time you invested in the video tutorials, the help you freely give to the forum. It's very much appreciated.

Ack, the agony! I have voted now and what a rough decision it was, because I saw something I really liked in each and every single piece of your guys soaps!!

Great job everyone, I really loved this challenge, even though my two green colors morphed and I hated it, it was a fun way to be creative!

Thank you for your hard work, Newbie! <3

Latest posts

Back