SMF March 2017 Challenge- Black Background Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations you three! I love the variety of techniques presented and all of them are just stunning!!

Congratulations to everyone else who entered - I've only tried to make black soap (not for the challenge - way too behind in life) twice and got a lovely slate gray and an ugly monster green and gave up. I don't like black enough to waste product on it. I envy those who can make a nice black!

Okay, I get why the April challenge may not have been posted yesterday, being April Fools Day and all, but I am so anxiously awaiting a new challenge!

Oh, dear! I hope I am not sounding ungrateful and other bad stuff like that. I just love these challenges. They are SO much fun!

I second you on this... the excitement of learning and doing something new every month

I'm curious now - how are the challenges chosen?

Five members of this forum - Newbie, Saponista, Lionproncess00, Sonya-m and GalaxyMLP - had the idea of putting together SMF monthly challenges. I believe they came up with a list of techniques and design options, and each of them takes a turn at hosting the challenge (choosing what it will be, fielding questions, creating the entry thread, etc). They do a great job of keeping it interesting and fun, and challenging as well.

I sent out emails about this. I don't know if it is a classic case of each person thinking the other was doing it, but we will find out. One way or the other, we will have a challenge for you!

It's possible we have a glitch but I will happily post another challenge if that is the case. There would be a delay in a video but I don't think that would mean the challenge couldn't be presented to start. We will have it sorted out ASAP and certainly by the end of the day.

I'm with Steve, I actually made my two black batches tonight as I finally had the time. I'm grateful I could participate and see all the great soaps even if I didn't have my act together in time. ❤

I left one of my black soaps behind in the oven at the place I was staying when I left California. Luckily, two days later I remembered and called the owner and he went and got it out of the oven for me. My son picked it up within the next day or two and mailed it home to me. I was more concerned about the mold than the soap itself, though. So I am happy to have it back. I have to be very careful when traveling. I have left ice packs in so many freezers in Hotels, it's just not funny! Now I'm leaving soap molds behind!

jules02207, I'd love to see photos of your black soaps.

I left one of my black soaps behind in the oven at the place I was staying when I left California. Luckily, two days later I remembered and called the owner and he went and got it out of the oven for me. My son picked it up within the next day or two and mailed it home to me. I was more concerned about the mold than the soap itself, though. So I am happy to have it back. I have to be very careful when traveling. I have left ice packs in so many freezers in Hotels, it's just not funny! Now I'm leaving soap molds behind!

jules02207, I'd love to see photos of your black soaps.

I find this so hilarious! I can't believe you left a whole soap batch!

The soaps are still curing but here's a top shot - the red and black is Carolyn's Dragon's Blood, gold and black is WSP Nag Champa

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1491231882.168951.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1491231894.625610.jpg

Back