SMF June Challenge - Mosaic Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
Welcome To June's Soap Challenge - Please Read All The Rules Before Participating

This month we will be having a go at mosaic soaps you can find my video tutorial here - https://youtu.be/nHSqTG8tEPM

DSC00692.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

Rules

1.The only members eligible to vote are those with their names on the sign up list - regardless of whether or not you have submitted an entry.

2. This month’s voting will be password locked. Passwords will be PM'ed to registered participants ONLY. So please check your PM's when the voting begins.

3. No posting your entry photos until the entry thread is made. Non entry photos are very welcome!

4. You are allowed to change your entry photo up until the entry thread closes. So if you decide after you post your entry you want another try, and you like the second better, you can change it up until the deadline.

__________________________________________________ _______

SMF Challenge General Rules
· To enter you must have a minimum of 50 posts and been a member for a month (sorry but no exceptions on this)
· Please add your name to the sign up list if you wish to participate (however, you don’t have to enter a soap at the end if you don’t feel happy with what you have produced)
· The challenge thread should be used to upload pictures of any of your challenge attempts where you can ask for advice and discuss the technique with other members.
· Constructive criticism is welcomed, but please try to keep your comments polite.
· Competition entries must be uploaded to the separate entry thread before the closing date. The thread will open on June 18, 2016 (Please follow the challenge specific rules as to what you need to enter)
· After the closing date June 25, 2016 the winning entry will be chosen using survey monkey and the winner announced on June 30, 2016. There is no prize attached to this challenge.
· If you fail to make the challenge deadline, you are still welcome to upload your soap onto the thread, but your entry will not be eligible for voting. We still love to see anything you have produced.
· Even though there is no prize, this is still a competition. If your entry is deemed not to fulfil the general rules or the rules specific to the challenge in any way, then you will be given the opportunity to amend your entry. If this is not possible then your entry will not be included in the voting.
· Newbie, Saponista, Lionproncess00, Sonya-m and GalaxyMLP reserve the right to have the final say on whether a soap is eligible for for voting.

Challenge Specific Rules
- You must use a slab mould (It doesn’t have to be a commercial slab mould, I used a plastic box, but your soap design must be formed it the top of a slab of soap)
- You must use at least two colours (plain soap batter can be classed as one of those colours)
- Your design must be created from cut out pieces of soap assembled into a single colour of base soap.
- You may create any mosaic design you wish
- Your entry must show at least one bar of your finished mosaic soap, but you are welcome to show us the whole slab.
- Please tell us a little about the inspiration behind your design and your process of making the design when you post your entry onto the entry thread. You are welcome to also tell us other information about your soap such as the recipe you used or what you have scented your bars with.

Any problems or difficulties feel free to send me (Saponista) a PM and I will do my best to help.

1. mzimm - How timely-- you just saved my "unlovely" soaps from salting out today!
2. BattleGnome - don't know if I'll have time but I'll certainly try

1. mzimm - How timely-- you just saved my "unlovely" soaps from salting out today!
3. I kid you not - I was JUST contemplating on doing this anyway, I am sooooo in!!

3. My Soapy Heart - I kid you not - I was JUST contemplating on doing this anyway, I am sooooo in!!
4. AMD - not sure if I'll have time, but just in case I do...

3. My Soapy Heart - I kid you not - I was JUST contemplating on doing this anyway, I am sooooo in!!
5.nikkisessence - I think I qualify now. I'd love to try.

6. TeresaT - This is an interesting challenge. I love random acts of tiling.

7. Sonya-m - signing up in the hope I have time!!

8. BlackDog - *sketches furiously*

9. earlene - Yay! I qualify. Inspiration hit me as soon as I saw the theme.

7. Lisa Ann

10. Lisa Ann
11. Guspuppy - glad to finally join a challenge!

Quick question:

Can I use m&p for part of this challenge? I had an idea where the transparency of m&p might be nice.

10. Lisa Ann
12. Cathy Gordon-

I'm in. Glad to hear we can use M&P for part of the project

Last edited:
10. Lisa Ann
12. Cathy Gordon- I'm in. Glad to hear we can use M&P for part of the project
13. Penelopejane- I'll give it a whirl!

Back