SMF June Challenge - Mosaic Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol For some reason everyone gets me and Sonya confused - maybe because we are both English and our nicknames begin with S? My name is Claire

Not that I mind being confused with Sonya, she's lovely - just thought I would let u all know my real name :)

You are to kind, Claire, I am the one who got my wires crossed, so I do apologize (to you and Sonya) and will try and do better! *blush*

yay! I have a design laid out and colors planned - now just have to wait until I know I can soap two days in a row :) No harm in getting my molds lined tonight I suppose :) *am excite*

It was not a problem my soapy heart, don't worry yourself about it :)

I'm so glad you are excited about this black dog. I really enjoyed carving out the pieces for my soap. I think I will definitely have another go at some point.

I am home again and just opened my deliveries that came while I was gone. Micas & ultramarines & TD & ROE, to name a few. Oh boy, I can start doing the colors I need for what I am envisioning. I am so excited I cannot sleep, even though I drove about 12 hours today (yesterday, really).

I've gotten my vision drawn out. I'm going to make mosaic pieces tonight when I get home. I hope I don't screw them up. I need to do two different variegated colors and I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to accomplish that. ITP? I'm terrible at those... I also need to buy a Xacto knife because I cannot find the one I already have. I know that as soon as I buy a new one, the old one is going to show up within a week. That's the story of my life.

I've gotten my vision drawn out. I'm going to make mosaic pieces tonight when I get home. I hope I don't screw them up. I need to do two different variegated colors and I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to accomplish that. ITP? I'm terrible at those... I also need to buy a Xacto knife because I cannot find the one I already have. I know that as soon as I buy a new one, the old one is going to show up within a week. That's the story of my life.
Trick the old knife into reappearing by buying the new one from a shop that allows you to return unused stuff! I've done that and it works.

Trick the old knife into reappearing by buying the new one from a shop that allows you to return unused stuff! I've done that and it works.

This totally works for me too except my old stuff waits until I've already opened the package of whatever the new one was to reappear, thus rendering it un-returnable. Usually about 5 minutes after packaging is removed.

I have my idea but don't have the right colours. It's the 9th already and we're going away soon. I have to clean the house for people who are staying while we are away. Where does the time go?

Unfortunately you have to have been a member for a month and have made 50 posts before you can sign up on the entry thread smellynewbie. You are only at 30 ish posts so if you keep posting and go over the 50 post total you will be welcome to sign up to the thread and will be eligible for voting even if you do not wish to post an entry. :)

I am having so much fun with this! But the urge to post pictures of my ongoing efforts must be squashed as I may end up submitting an entry using any or all of anything I make from here on out!

I'm having a blast too. Not happy with my first attempt; love my tile colors but not living up to my inspiration picture. Win win situation - I get to try again and my house smells soapy again!

Just finished pouring my "tiles". I hope to cut them later on tonight. I drew out my design but eyeballed how much of each color I need and now I'm having the sinking suspicion I may have botched the amounts. Wait and see!

Finished! I'm pretty happy with it, but even if I weren't, I don't think I would try again. It was fun but time consuming as heck!

Latest posts

Back