SMF June Challenge - Mosaic Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. mzimm - How timely-- you just saved my "unlovely" soaps from salting out today!
2. BattleGnome - don't know if I'll have time but I'll certainly try
3. My Soapy Heart - I kid you not - I was JUST contemplating on doing this anyway, I am sooooo in!!
4. AMD - not sure if I'll have time, but just in case I do...
5.nikkisessence - I think I qualify now. I'd love to try.
6. TeresaT - This is an interesting challenge. I love random acts of tiling.
7. Sonya-m - signing up in the hope I have time!!
8. BlackDog - *sketches furiously*
9. earlene - Yay! I qualify. Inspiration hit me as soon as I saw the theme.
10. Lisa Ann
11. Guspuppy - glad to finally join a challenge!
12. Cathy Gordon- I'm in. Glad to hear we can use M&P for part of the project
13. Penelopejane- I'll give it a whirl!
14. Niclycha - I think I can do this one. Lol since my rim fail

Take up has been a bit slow this month, was wondering whether it was the challenge or not. Thanks for letting me know that you are busy guys, I appreciate it!

I will be gone for two weeks during June. I'm waiting to join until after I get a soap I like for the fragrance swap, and then I'll see if I think I'll have time. I'd like to, but life might get in the way. Not the challenge at all - it looks like a fun thing to try, poor as my artistic skills might be.

Take up has been a bit slow this month, was wondering whether it was the challenge or not. Thanks for letting me know that you are busy guys, I appreciate it!

Don`t worry, it`s definately NOT the challenge, it is an awesome challenge! I for my part has nothing better to do the next few weeks, (and I don`t have kids) so I have really no excuse, lol. Can`t wait to do this thing!! : D

1. mzimm - How timely-- you just saved my "unlovely" soaps from salting out today!
3. My Soapy Heart - I kid you not - I was JUST contemplating on doing this anyway, I am sooooo in!!
5. nikkisessence - I think I qualify now. I'd love to try.
10. Lisa Ann

15. SunWolf - Aaahhhhh...too many ideas!! :crazy: It's getting to hot and muggy outside, so my afternoons are soon to be dedicated to soaping!!

I loved the video and concept behind this challenge. I'm bummed that I cannot try this out, but I cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with!

My first attempt is unfolded and still a bit too soft to cut. I might finally learn to

I like my base and scent (not what I was going for but it turned out), the top is kinda special. These bars are a bit thick so I can cut off the tops for rebatch and keep my happy near accident

Just waiting to see if I can make another batch before I post it. If I'm lucky I'll have time next week.

This is a wonderful challenge. Probably my favorite one yet. Nice video also!

I've elected to keep part of my first attempt, this is the tops/bottoms cut from the less pretty pieces. My base was a itp swirl that turned out wonderfully. The messed up mosaic will end up in an intersting rebatch - it's a mix of cp and m&p

Quick question - Will you accept a m&p entry? I did not see specific soap types in the rules.

Quick question:

Can I use m&p for part of this challenge? I had an idea where the transparency of m&p might be nice.

Yes that's fine Battlegnome - Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Quick question - Will you accept a m&p entry? I did not see specific soap types in the rules.

I am not sure if this means that a soapentry only with M&P will be accepted, but bumping up the question so it properly answered by Saponista/Claire herself if she notice the quote. But even so, she will keep an eye on this thread and get back to you at one point, so don`t worry : )

Last edited:
I am happy to accept entries that are made entirely with melt and pour. It would be nice to have some new participants who don't make cold process taking part. The more the merrier. These challenges were set up to be a learning experience and for us to get to know each other so it would be lovely to see some new faces.

lol For some reason everyone gets me and Sonya confused - maybe because we are both English and our nicknames begin with S? My name is Claire

Not that I mind being confused with Sonya, she's lovely - just thought I would let u all know my real name :)

Thank-you "Claire" - lovely name BTW. I normally do all kinds of soap but this mosaic theme has my M&P juices flowing. I also have some residual fine motor coordination issues, so this project will be good therapy as well.

5. nikkisessence - I think I qualify now. I'd love to try.
10. Lisa Ann

15. SunWolf - Aaahhhhh...too many ideas!!
icon_crazy.gif
It's getting to hot and muggy outside, so my afternoons are soon to be dedicated to soaping!!
16. Cindy2428 - An M&P entry to the list. My first challenge; I'm excited!

Back