SMF June 2022 Un-Challenge - Cocoa Powder

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@dibbles Thanks so much for running the June cocoa unchallenge šŸ¤Ž. Iā€™m on such a cocoa kick now that I ended up using it to make a kaleidoscope soap with my new set up. I had a really hard time seeing down the 10ā€ mold, but I think the soap is cute. I thought I would post it here because the contrast between the two types of cocoa (Black and Dutch process from King Arthur Flour) shows up especially well in these soaps. I used brewed coffee for the water split. Soap inspired by Kapia Mera.

View attachment 67529
Gorgeous! They look like chocolatey stained-glass windows.

@dibbles Thanks so much for running the June cocoa unchallenge šŸ¤Ž. Iā€™m on such a cocoa kick now that I ended up using it to make a kaleidoscope soap with my new set up. I had a really hard time seeing down the 10ā€ mold, but I think the soap is cute. I thought I would post it here because the contrast between the two types of cocoa (Black and Dutch process from King Arthur Flour) shows up especially well in these soaps. I used brewed coffee for the water split. Soap inspired by Kapia Mera.

View attachment 67529
Are ya sleeping at all on your 'vacation'?! These are just wowza.

Does it make the soap messy.. i have used carob but people didn't like the brown suds.. does cocoa do the same? Your soap is beautiful by the way
You know, I was worried about the exact same thing. I just went and tested an offcut to see!

20220901_095627.jpg

I would say that the lather is very slightly off-white compared to my usual bars, but nothing to be critical about.

I also wiggled the bar about in the edge of the sink (lol!) in an attempt to see if it would leave a mark, nothing so far.

I'm might be wrong but in my head it's even more important for a heavily colored soap to have a good cure.

Latest posts

Back