SMF June 2020 Un-Challenge - Half & Half

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to get a bunch of new batches done while I had the time last week. And thankfully I did - this week has been so hectic and busy I almost forgot to post them here!

The first is scented with black cherry merlot and has a half top of bath mix (I know, I know, I hate it in the shower too but it looks so dang pretty for photos! Haha).
The second is lavender scented, half with poppy seeds for some extra scrubby action. Also attempted a penis line but failed miserably to get it into the corner so let’s pretend that was “on purpose” as a half pencil line lol.
The third is rose garden scented. Half dark pink and half light pink in total. Also another half bath mix top. I also realized I should use props in photos more often with this pic!

They all look beautiful, but have to confess I LOL at your “penis” line Typo! Too funny! 😂😂😂

I finally made it!
I actually made this batch 2 weeks ago but it was soooo soft. Took me 3 days to unmold, another 2 days to cut, and another week to stamp and it was still so soft!
The classic tea tree and charcoal soap with some eucalyptus EO added and oatmeal powder, plus a 3D printed stamp. I'm not sure I stamped it too early or too late...still experimenting with the designs.
cover.png

@Anstarx your lines are so straight - very striking soap. I like your stamp too!
Thanks! This is actually the second time I tried layering. Last time the batter traced fast so the lines were wobbly. I used a super slow recipe this time, took me another 5 minutes of constant bursts to reach light trace after dividing the batch!

I decided to get a bunch of new batches done while I had the time last week. And thankfully I did - this week has been so hectic and busy I almost forgot to post them here!

The first is scented with black cherry merlot and has a half top of bath mix (I know, I know, I hate it in the shower too but it looks so dang pretty for photos! Haha).
The second is lavender scented, half with poppy seeds for some extra scrubby action. Also attempted a PENCIL 🙈 line but failed miserably to get it into the corner so let’s pretend that was “on purpose” as a half pencil line lol.
The third is rose garden scented. Half dark pink and half light pink in total. Also another half bath mix top. I also realized I should use props in photos more often with this pic!
Nice!! now I feel really guilty about not making soap. You definitely are an overachiever. I envy your energy!! Great job!!!

So, I'm a little late, but I finally got my soap made and freshly cut. I had Belize on my mind when I came up with this soap. The blue is scented with Seashore FO and the green with Caiprahina FO. It smells like Caye Caulker, Belize and I love it! Thank you for the unchallenge!

Attachments

• DSC_0294.JPG
    DSC_0294.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 29
Hey Everyone!
I have just started soapmaking and this is my second batch ever, made yesterday and cut today.

It is half coloured with French pink clay and half titanium dioxide, scented with a coconut fragrance oil which made it turn super thick immediately! My original plan was to have even stripes but I couldn't pour it, so ended up shoveling it in...

This turned out to be a happy accident as I actually like how it turned out!

Attachments

• IMG_20200706_101313.jpg
    IMG_20200706_101313.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back