SMF June 2019 Challenge - Rimmed Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful entries, congrats all!
zxzxz.jpg

So did you try using the cake slicing tool?
I didn't even think of it! After my rim broke unmolding, I was so concerned with reconfiguring for plan B, I didn't even think about slicing it further. It probably would have been easier with the narrower broken strips.

Really well done to all the participants! I didn't even give it a go as I was intimated and had too many other batches on my plate this month. This is one of those "I want to try it" items on my list though so I'll be coming back to this challenge for inspiration. You all did terrific!:thumbs:

Just a wee bit late, per usual. I have had this rimmed soap idea in the back of my mind for a while, I wasn't able to enter the challenge but I gave it a try anyway and thought I'd post the results. The look I was originally going for was two rows of alternating checks but no matter how I tried to fit them together it just wasn't going to happen. I used Baja Cactus Blossom Fragrance Oil from mics and more, it behaved well and smells very nice. In the filling batter, I used pomace olive oil and I think it may have yellowed the colors a bit. I did make extra soap to try some other designs. My pictures are edited to brighten and add frames, I didn't get out in time for good sunlight. I will have an area set up soon for pics that should not need editing, I get lots of sun here. (it was really dark in the Lexington development) Anywho I hope you like them.
forum3.JPG

View attachment 40254
forum4.JPG

forum2.JPG

forum.JPG

These are a tribute to MacKenzie-Childs. (since I can't afford their stuff I have to try to make something like it in soap!) Thanks for looking! :)

Attachments

• forum3.JPG
    forum3.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Oh my... Those are amazing! I'm really looking forward to see what kind of landscape soap you come up with this month as I'm sure it'll be spectacular! [emoji16]

Latest posts

Back