SMF January Challenge Black and White

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
Welcome to January’s SMF soap challenge. I have been asked to upload it early as lots of you have some free time to get started between now and new year. The winner will also be announced a little early this month on the 29th as I am off on my holidays to Lanzarote on the 30th.
This month’s challenge is black and white soaps. You are free to design your soap in any way you wish. I have made a video of the black and white soap I created for the challenge which you can view here –

https://youtu.be/kNXGhtFsxbo

SMF Challenge General Rules
· To enter you must have a minimum of 50 posts and been a member for a month (sorry but no exceptions on this)
· Please add your name to the sign up list if you wish to participate (however, you don’t have to enter a soap at the end if you don’t feel happy with what you have produced)
· The challenge thread should be used to upload pictures of any of your challenge attempts where you can ask for advice and discuss the technique with other members.
· Constructive criticism is welcomed, but please try to keep your comments polite.
· Competition entries must be uploaded to the separate entry thread before the closing date. The thread will open on 16/01/16 (Please follow the challenge specific rules as to what you need to enter)
· After the closing date 23/01/16 the winning entry will be chosen using survey monkey and the winner announced on 29/01/16. There is no prize attached to this challenge.
· If you fail to make the challenge deadline, you are still welcome to upload your soap onto the thread, but your entry will not be eligible for voting. We still love to see anything you have produced.
· Even though there is no prize, this is still a competition. If your entry is deemed not to fulfil the general rules or the rules specific to the challenge in any way, then you will be given the opportunity to amend your entry. If this is not possible then your entry will not be included in the voting.
· Newbie, Saponista, Lionproncess00, Sonya-m and GalaxyMLP reserve the right to have the final say on whether a soap is eligible for voting.

Challenge Specific Rules
· You can use any mould you wish.
· You may fill the mould in any way you wish.
· Your entry may be designed in any way you wish, but must only contain the colours black and white, no shades of grey. (However you will be let off if your black looks a little bit grey!)
· You may use any colourant you wish to create your black and white.
· To enter you must submit a clear photo or video showing your final design. We would love you to tell us a little about how you created your design and what fragrance, additives or other ingredients you have chosen to include in your recipe.

1.TheDragonGirl (this should be fun!)
2. Dixiedragon (houndstooth, y'all, my fellow Alabamians get it)
3. BlackDog (just finished my first one! Ice storm here today, so.....)

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!
5. Obsidian- this is one I can do lol

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!
6. MySoapyHeart (would love to do this, now that I am "old" enough to participate in challenges in here :)

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!
6. MySoapyHeart (would love to do this, now that I am "old" enough to participate in challenges in here
7. Newbie- so many options, so many options. Preparing for many batches of classic B&W

Last edited:
Is uncolored soap allowed in addition to B&W or must all soap be colored? Meaning, can we make a soap with B&W&uncolored, or must it be uncolored (assuming our base is very white)&B or B&W only?

Only two colours so the white can come from having just really white uncoloured batter, but you can't then add some titanium dioxide to a portion of it to make it whiter. Just two shades of colour only.

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!
6. MySoapyHeart (would love to do this, now that I am "old" enough to participate in challenges in here
7. Newbie- so many options, so many option. Preparing for many batches of classic B&W
8. dibbles - can't wait to see what people come up with!

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!
7. Newbie- so many options, so many option. Preparing for many batches of classic B&W
9. Snappyllama - perfect soap challenge to start the new year... so many possibilities!

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!
9. Snappyllama - perfect soap challenge to start the new year... so many possibilities!
10. AMD - I've been told I'm a very black & white person

I just watched the video - Saponista you have a lovely voice! Beautiful soap too :)

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!
11. rainycityjen - all in

4. Seawolfe - woop woop!

11. rainycityjen - all in

12. Sweetbubbletreat

Back