SMF January Challenge Black and White

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mintle can I ask how you got your perfectly round spots on the top of the soap? They don't look like embeds.
I use a plastic disposable pipette to make these spots - I simply pour each one drop from a close distance.
Very easy but there has to be a lot of pigment in the soap that is used for creating these spots, otherwise they are not so visible and too translucent. I hope it helps :)

I got my soap finished. Thank you for making me do this. I learnt a lot!
It would have been easier if I hadn't had to learn so much right in the middle of making the soap for the challenge but these things happen (to me anyway)! :):)

I use a plastic disposable pipette to make these spots - I simply pour each one drop from a close distance.
Very easy but there has to be a lot of pigment in the soap that is used for creating these spots, otherwise they are not so visible and too translucent. I hope it helps :)

Thank you for sharing that, mintle. Your soap is beautiful and so different.

I think you're in, TBandCW -- wohoo! Maybe a modified Taiwan? It sure is pretty!

I had another go at a zebra. I knew such a deliberate design was reproducible even though my first dup failed. But you know what they say when you fall off of a ze-- I mean horse. Here he is still under saran wrap, riding through the kindgdom of saponification.

Under Wraps.jpg

I've only just woken up TBandCW and your entry is on the thread so you made the deadline. Will post the survey monkey link in a couple of hours.

So I completely got my days mixed up. I though we had until tonight to enter.

So I just cut my entry, its still a bit soft, and could use a couple of days to harden up so I can plane and bevel. But here was what I would have entered.

Next month I'll set reminders on my calendar so I get pop ups on my phone. Lol.

1453657597321.jpg

I have been a bit tardy with setting up the survey and only just done it now as I went out for Sunday dinner with some friends.

I have added kchaystack's entry even though it was after the deadline as I hadn't completed the survey yet so as long as noone else objects then I am classifying it as a valid entry.

I have double checked to ensure that everone's entry is added to the survey, but there are so many this time, it's possible I could have missed someone by accident, so if you notice any errors then please let me know.

Here is the link to the survey to complete.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2FBDD8P

You are eligible to vote if your name is on the sign up list even if you didn't enter anything on the entry thread. If you did not sign up then please don't vote as we are monitoring the number of votes.

If you could post saying your name followed by the word voted then we can keep better track of who has voted as we had some problems working out what had happened last time.

Thank you for all the entries everyone, your hard work and efforts are very much appreciated!

Last edited:
Here is the link to the survey to complete.

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2FBDD8P

If you could post saying your name followed by the word voted then we can keep better track of who has voted as we had some problems working out what had happened last time.

Thank you for all the entries everyone, your hard work and efforts are very much appreciated!

Do the rules specify who is eligible to vote? I didn't see it and was wondering if it's limited to entrants or not.

It's limited to people who signed up on the sign up list at the beginning, but you can still vote if you signed up but didn't submit an entry. I will edit my post to make that clear topofmurrayhill.

Back