SMF January Challenge Black and White

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452979924.592121.jpg

I love the nightmare before Christmas newbie!!! Me and my husband dressed up for Halloween last year :)

I love your little zebra stripes inside the swirl lionprincess and the salt and pepper idea is brilliant mischief. Everyone has entered something different and special. Well done guys!

I am so excited to see all the entries on the thread. This is my favourite part of the challenges!!! Thanks to everyone for participating.

Well done everyone, fantastic entries so far.

I have one more batch that I'll unmold tomorrow...nothing looks as good as these entries so far!

I'm a sucker for swirls so Lionprincess, your hanger swirl id gorgeous. I love the little stripes you got. And Sonya, if that's your "simple" drop swirl I would be so intimidated with your complicated ones :)

Round #2 and #3 are in the molds. I am not sure either will make the cut. #2 was way too thin trace so I'm convinced it's going to be a muddled mess inside. #3 was a beautiful thick trace but the top looks very grey so far so my hopes are not high.

Beautiful entries so far! Did I mention how much I like black and white bars?

I cut my loaf this morning. It's gray. And my titanium dioxide usage must have been too low, as well. I doubt I'll have time or supplies to make a 3rd attempt before cut-off.

Picture of gray and beige:
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1453037415.065125.jpg

Thank you BlackDog

Carabou - that zebra is brilliant!

I'm really pleased people are really pushing themselves in these challenges. The creativeness of some of this month's entries is awesome!!

You know, I sat here staring at your "fugly" tree soap, BD, and the mountain "blob", Bella, and I really like both of them. I love the abstract nature of the confetti one because I don't see a tree, I see a depiction of ice chunks falling from on high and into the black chasm. Actually I love it. And I'm not sure how you made your soap LB but the delicacy of the little black wisps near the bottom under the big cloud is very cool. I would love to know how you did your pour. I'm a fan of weather photos and it reminds me of how rain falls from a huge dark cloud.

I think all the entries are fabulous.

Last edited:
I cut my soft batches this evening and I won't enter either of them The black isn't very black..more dark grey. Here's my favorite of those. Remember the "loving Arms" pendants. They remind me of those. On the left is an adult couple, in the center a parent w/ a child, and on the right a couple with a child......at least that's what I see :)

Loving Arms.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone has a preference for which photo of their entry they would like to add on survey monkey then please send me a message to let me know.

Thanks newbie. If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess this little gal isn't my type, lol!

Judiraz, you should DEF enter that soap! It is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm entered, I'm loving all the soap. You guys are so talented!!
I found the B & W soaps tricky to take a good picture of as I usually use a white background. It just blended in.

Latest posts

Back