SMF January Challenge 2021 – Planet/Galaxy Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so excited after unmolding and cutting today! For stars I used shredded white soap and if I do this again, I'd double the amount. But I'm pleased with my planets. I'm super relieved that my column of smushed-together mini-muffin molds turned out way better than I feared!
20210118_144153.jpg

1. dibbles - may the force be with us
2. Artemis - I hope I can squeeze it in this time!
3. AliOop - hmmm, what fragrance would go with this theme?
4. KimW
5. Zing - In a galaxy far, far away. Da-da-da Dah Daaah🎶
6. Mobjack Bay - OMG, I must be telepathic.
7. Bookreader451 - Should I try for 2 years? I have the galaxy mica collection. I want to see how it goes.
8. glendam - I have an idea and I hope it works for this theme!
9. GemstonePony - I may rue my ambitions, but here goes!

Here is the updated list. I have bumped @Sofiepie from the list, as of today member only has 47 posts. Minimum of 50 posts is required for joining challenges. Just a reminder that "fluff" posting to bring up post count is discouraged.
1611007591198.png

4. KimW
7. Bookreader451 - Should I try for 2 years? I have the galaxy mica collection. I want to see how it goes.
10. The_Emerald_Chicken - Almost chickened out (haha), but I guess I'll try it!

4. KimW
6. Sofiepie - what to do what to do.. can’t wait!
7. Mobjack Bay - OMG, I must be telepathic.
8. Bookreader451 - Should I try for 2 years? I have the galaxy mica collection. I want to see how it goes.
9. glendam - I have an idea and I hope it works for this theme!
10. GemstonePony - I may rue my ambitions, but here goes!
11. asmita - This will be interesting as I already have a batch of galaxy soaps so will need to think something different

4. KimW
6. Sofiepie - what to do what to do.. can’t wait!
7. Mobjack Bay - OMG, I must be telepathic.
8. Bookreader451 - Should I try for 2 years? I have the galaxy mica collection. I want to see how it goes.
9. glendam - I have an idea and I hope it works for this theme!
10. GemstonePony - I may rue my ambitions, but here goes!
11. asmita - This will be interesting as I already have a batch of galaxy soaps so will need to think something different
12. SideDoorSoaps - I’ve been wanting to make another one of these!!

I finally got to mine today. Nothing like cutting it close. Hubby has some health issues so we were preoccupied but, I really needed to make soap for me!

Then what happens? I spilled the oils all over. UGH! At least the lye solution wasn't in them yet, and I soap in the basement. So kitty litter went down to soak up the oils and I threw out the junk tablecloth, washed just about everything on the table and started again.

It is in the oven now and I am hoping it looks okay because this is the one and only shot.

Hi all the entry thread is open here January 2021 Challenge Entry Thread - Planet/Galaxy Soap

My apologies for the delay, I put reminders on my calendar for everything BUT making the entry thread...🤦 The entry thread is open until the 26th, voting on the 27-29th, but if entrants feel they don't have enough time to get their entries posted please let me know, I can shift everything one day with voting ending on the 30th and announcing on Feb 1st.

4. KimW

Here is the updated list. I have bumped @Sofiepie from the list, as of today member only has 47 posts. Minimum of 50 posts is required for joining challenges. Just a reminder that "fluff" posting to bring up post count is discouraged.
View attachment 53342
Noooooo I didnt know :( just got all my supplies in yesterday. What a bummer!

We ended up spending a few days with (very trusted) friends at their cabin for at the last minute. Getting out and seeing some other people was wonderful. We're going to visit our grandbaby tomorrow. I'm really going to try to get a soap done in time, but if I don't no worries. This is my time management problem.

Latest posts

Back