SMF January 2022 Challenge - There's No Place Like Home

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This rule was put in place by the SMF admins. I think it was to prevent people from joining for the sole purpose of joining only to participate/vote in the challenges. But @MellonFriend is correct - it looks like you had reached to 50 post requirement in December, so you can join in this challenge if you would like!
Doing my happy dance!! Thanx for the explanation.
Now for a REALLY stupid question. How to copy/paste??
Seriously computer illiterate.

Last edited:
Select the text in the sign up list. An option to 'copy' will pop up. Touch 'copy' and then, touch and hold your finger in a new reply box until the 'paste' option appears. Select that and the list should copy - add your name to the list and post your reply.

I know I'm not good with this kind of stuff, and even worse at explaining it. If you have problems, let me know here or in a PM and I'll do it for you. If anyone else can explain it better, please do!

Ok. I have made one soap for this challenge and I was so inspired that I have started another one this evening!! I can only enter one of them? Correct?
I’m super excited about this 😂

Ok. I have made one soap for this challenge and I was so inspired that I have started another one this evening!! I can only enter one of them? Correct?
I’m super excited about this 😂
Yes - only one entry :) Also, be sure not to post pictures of the soap you want to enter anywhere before it is posted on the entry thread.

I just wanted to pop in and say that due to recent health issues, I didn't have time to make the soap I had planned. I was going to take another stab at the OPW technique, with colors from the Brazilian flag. I may still do it when I am up and at it again, but I lament not being able to have made it for this challenge. That being said, I can't wait to see everyone's inspirations and final results!

1.Vicki C - sure - I’ll go first!
2. Linne1gi - I’m in!
3. Misschief - I have time!
4. peachymoon - I'm excited for this one!
5. Tara_H - January is always a drag, so I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in some soap!
6. Ladka - joining
7. CreativeWeirdo - Challenge Accepted!
8. Kaymay- first timer, but I will give it a go
9.Violets2217- I’ve been avoiding this post, but can’t soap thinking about this soap. Grrr… you guys are sooo enabling!
10. Heather McClain- I saw this and immediately had a soap idea!
11. Debbie Escobar (Microchick) - thx to all who put this together!

I won't be able to join either as I ran out of time after returning home this week after a while. I still plan to do the soap at some point, even if it isn't the same if I'm not participating in the challenge. But at least that means I won't have to wait any longer to look at the entries thread 😁 as usual it's so interesting to see what everyone else has come up with.

@linne1gi I LOVE your alligator!!! Is it a column mold? Could you please share where you found it if you don't mind?
No, it's not a column mold. It's a disc which I purchased from Lisa Cunningham of I Dream In Soap - I also bought (in the past) her extruder (it's a giant extruder) - I love it - I have several interesting discs for my extruder.

1.Vicki C - sure - I’ll go first!
2. Linne1gi - I’m in!
3. Misschief - I have time!
4. peachymoon - I'm excited for this one!
5. Tara_H - January is always a drag, so I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze in some soap!
6. Ladka - joining
7. CreativeWeirdo - Challenge Accepted!
8. Kaymay- first timer, but I will give it a go
9.Violets2217- I’ve been avoiding this post, but can’t soap thinking about this soap. Grrr… you guys are sooo enabling!
10. Heather McClain- I saw this and immediately had a soap idea!
11. Debbie Escobar (Microchick) - thx to all who put this together!
12. AliOop - made one attempt and was about to post it, but just realized I forgot to ENTER 🤦‍♀️

64BE7C39-B88A-424A-A2BA-3188C348C0D2.jpeg

This is the first soap I made for the challenge and then made a second soap and decided to enter that one instead. I live in Bradley County Arkansas where we are famous for our tomatoes. This soap contains real tomatoes grown right here in Bradley County and processed by my mother in law who has lived here over 65 years. It’s fragrance free. It also contains a small amount of commercially prepared tomato powder. It does have a light tomato fragrance even though no fragrance was added. I’m excited to use this one!!

Back