Quantcast

SMF has had a software update. Questions here please.

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, I get the Daily Newsletter and for the past few days none of the links back to the forum have worked. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is this a known issue? Thanks in advance!
I would have to know the particular thread link, and then I'll have to check your account. Can you name one of the threads?

Quilter99755

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the daily update each day with all new posts and also occasionally get something more if I have posted a reply on those sites. For about a week now my daily updates have been going to my Junk Mail box. I've tried everything on my end to figure out what is going on and cannot figure it out. Twice now I have gotten the individual reply posts and they go to my Inbox. Is there some change that you have made to the daily update that would make it go to my Junk box? I've gotten into the habit of always looking in the Junk box now, but would really like it to go back into my Inbox.

I just got a daily in my Inbox for the first time in a while. Thank you for fixing this. I don't know what I'd do without this site...especially now with the virus. Thanks again

Reaction score
Hi, referring to my message above:
I would have to know the particular thread link, and then I'll have to check your account. Can you name one of the threads?
It's an intermittent fault and happens to some extent with all the links in a daily update. Sometimes they won't work - then later in the day they will. Some never work. I've found that, if I'm logged into the forum, they will work!
For intance, today's thread "Your skin is your largest organ" wouldn't work when I first attempted to view it; but now I am here, logged in, it will open. The same for the threads "Extra sweaty neem oil soap" and "What is your worst acceleration".
I hope that helps! I don't really want to log in every time, but if I have to, I will!

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
When you are not logged in the software is delivering the ad images and the content. When you log in the extra ads are gone, or you may have the ads turned off and they are not there.
More images, the more your internet has to deliver and you may not have the fastest download speeds. That is my best guess with the information you gave.

Reaction score
Hmmm. We have super-fast broadband, so I don't think it's that. Here's a snippet of what happens (or doesn't!) when I click on a link from the daily email. I've cut out the blank screen itself.

Attachments

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
What is the title of of the post/thread from the daily email?

Iluminameluna

Reaction score
I don't know if this belongs here or somewhere else but I read lots of things that have to do with measurements, and documentaries that have some bearings on soap. Just now I found on Reddit a post that someone had created a measurement converter that will do so for EVERY measurement you can think of.
If a moderator or admin would like to check it out before posting it or making it a sticky for general use, here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/InternetIsBeautiful/comments/invni7 I checked out a few random conversions and it seems legit. We have so many members from so many countries, it seemed a great idea to have it. We sometimes need to "translate" our recipes for each other. because we don't always use the same lye calculators.
I hope it helps.

Latest posts