SMF has had a software update. Questions here please.

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Is there a button to shut off of the sidebar, Angie? It started showing up for me by default yesterday and I find very annoying/distracting when reading through a thread. I prefer the text of posts to fill up my entire screen without any side bars, the way it's always been.

IrishLass :)

Edited to add, I looked at my preferences and saw that I had the sidebars option turned off, but for some reason they won't go away.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It does not appear to be working right. Let me report it.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I just found out that I cannot look at pictures. If I click to expand a picture I just get a black box, if I’m lucky the first 2 rows of pixels show up in the black box.

anyone else with this issue? I have not tried clearing cookies yet, wanted to post before I forgot

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I just found out that I cannot look at pictures. If I click to expand a picture I just get a black box, if I’m lucky the first 2 rows of pixels show up in the black box.

anyone else with this issue? I have not tried clearing cookies yet, wanted to post before I forgot

I for one am not having any problems expanding pictures. They show up just fine when I click on them.

IrishLass :)

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

I need more information. When you click to expand a picture - where? In a thread? Can you give me a link to a post or thread and post number so I can look at the images you are not seeing larger?

Also, are you on a computer? Windows/ Mac? What browser?

BattleGnome

Reaction score
I need more information. When you click to expand a picture - where? In a thread? Can you give me a link to a post or thread and post number so I can look at the images you are not seeing larger?
Also, are you on a computer? Windows/ Mac? What browser?
specifically, the picture in the “need for levity” thread, post 148. when I click to expand the book pic it doesn’t load, almost like trying to load a pic in the dial up internet days.

I’m on an iPad using safari. I think I have all the most recent updates, if not I’m close too it.

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
1587764731136.png

Can you see this? It is what I saw on that post. But, I'm not sure why you could not just click on it and see it this large.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
i can see that just fine. in the post the picture was 1/3 that size

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
i can see that just fine. in the post the picture was 1/3 that size
Did you click on it? Hmmm. Once in a great while there is a difficult image. If you can see almost all of them then things should be good. Let me know if you have an issue with another image.

BattleGnome

Reaction score
Your pic works just fine. I wonder if I have a weird tablet setting, wouldn’t be the first time

Marsi

Reaction score
Expanding a small photo in a post displays other people's photo's from the same page of the thread

atiz

Reaction score
Question: in the old version, when you clicked on someone's name, it showed you when they registered and when they were last seen. Now, the "last seen" info is gone. Was that intentional?
I can see if it is (is it a privacy thing?), but sometimes it was useful to see whether someone is still around just lurking or completely gone.

EDIT: weird, it does show for some people but not for others.

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question: in the old version, when you clicked on someone's name, it showed you when they registered and when they were last seen. Now, the "last seen" info is gone. Was that intentional?
I can see if it is (is it a privacy thing?), but sometimes it was useful to see whether someone is still around just lurking or completely gone.

EDIT: weird, it does show for some people but not for others.
Check out the privacy settings for your account. Just for the heck of it, I changed mine so no one can tell when I'm online or where I was last seen. :) The registration/join date is with the avatar and you can look at post history by clicking on a person's name above the avatar and then clicking on the name again when you get the little pop up screen.

ETA: even though I unchecked the "show my status online" in the privacy settings, I can still see my user name in the list of members who are online.

Last edited:

atiz

Reaction score
Check out the privacy settings for your account. Just for the heck of it, I changed mine so no one can tell when I'm online or where I was last seen. :) The registration/join date is with the avatar and you can look at post history by clicking on a person's name above the avatar and then clicking on the name again when you get the little pop up screen.

ETA: even though I unchecked the "show my status online" in the privacy settings, I can still see my user name in the list of members who are online.
Oh, I didn't know that that affects the "last seen" option as well -- thought it was just for the online status. Thanks!

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
And even if you checked it and you and Admin can still see the little green light. Regular other members will not.

Latest posts