SMF February Challenge entry thread - Spin Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my last minute and only attempt. They haven't been tidied up, so are a bit rough around the edges. My slab mould is rectangular, which gave me a rather elongated swirl. I used a slow moving lard recipe with lavender and patchouli essential oils. My IPad usually only lets me load one picture at a time!

My favourite soap is the unexpected cat!

image.jpg

Close up of cat:) Sorry, it's upside down again. I'm not sure why the IPad does this!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my first and only attempt, I wanted to try again but am just too sick. I used a blend of patchouli EO, sandalwood FO, cedarwood EO, and bergamot EO. I used my regular 3" PVC pipe and just alternated pouring the two colors on top of each other. You can see that I really didn't get any movement even though I spun that pipe at least 35 times. I used Iris Purple and Baby Blue mixed with a little TD (all from Nurture). In retrospect, I should have used at least one more color. First pic is my entry and are the first two bars from the top of the loaf. 2nd pic is just the rest of the bars, I really didn't get any spin in the deeper part of the mold.

IMG_6565.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

Back