SMF February 2021 Challenge - Circling Taiwan Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried normal swirls twice, first was a fail, all mixed together and made to one color. Second time was more of success, still need improvements. I will definitely try CT Swirl with M&P and post here, once I have bettered my swirling techniques.

Attaching my second attempt at swirling, used pink & white, not much distinct, but, didnt melt into a single color like earlier.

View attachment 54426
For M&P, that's pretty distinct! I wonder if you're dye is migrating a little though? If so, maybe using Micas instead would help? Just a thought.

For M&P, that's pretty distinct! I wonder if you're dye is migrating a little though? If so, maybe using Micas instead would help? Just a thought.
Thank you, I used Strawberries & Cream FO in it. I used liquid colors, may be thats the issue. I will try Mica colors in next attempt.

I thought The Time Zone Was USA MNT. Gosh Darn It. I'd Just Finished My Pictures. Well Sorry I Got It Mixed Up. This Is My Picture I Would Of Entered In The Challenge .

Attachments

• 379F9938-DA4E-4D8F-8026-8927F8EC16CA.jpeg
    379F9938-DA4E-4D8F-8026-8927F8EC16CA.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 35
@Peachy Clean Soap I'm so sorry you misunderstood. We've been trying to use GMT for the challenges so it stays consistent regardless of where in the world the hosts and participants are. Your soaps are lovely, and thank you for trying this technique. I hope it was fun for you despite not getting your entry in.
Awww Thank you. I was thinking it was US MNT. Oh goodness. on a positive note' Ive learned how to Do A Twain Swirl' & I now know GMT stands for Greenwich Not USA Mountain Time.. lol Thank you Dear. 🤗🧼💫

Just a thought - I don't know how it works technically, but I've seen in a game forum my partner uses, there is an option for a countdown timer. It's usually placed within the first post of a thread about a group event.

If the first post in the entry thread had a timer saying "Entry closes in X days, y hours z seconds", it might reduce confusion.

Of course there will still be last minute issues like soap too soft to cut etc!

Just a thought - I don't know how it works technically, but I've seen in a game forum my partner uses, there is an option for a countdown timer. It's usually placed within the first post of a thread about a group event.

If the first post in the entry thread had a timer saying "Entry closes in X days, y hours z seconds", it might reduce confusion.

Thats a good Idea' my problem I didn't get notices on my phone' (I need to chk my settings here) also I did get a heads up that it was closing' from a Dear Friend though' Thank U🤗💫, sadly I was soaping & didn't check this app all day. Good news "all Challenge's usually close at GMT - UK Time zone! good to know. 🤗🧼💫😉

Good thought, but I wouldn't have a clue where to start with that and I'm not sure it would even be possible (allowed) to add something like that to a forum post.

Latest posts

Back