SMF February 2021 Challenge - Circling Taiwan Swirl

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Vicki C

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm already online to find more/better natural colorants. LOL Hopefully they'll be ready for the next one! Oh, this soapy obsession.
Kim check out the photo earlier in this thread I posted with rhubarb root, alkanet, and annatto. The rhubarb root is amazing. (There’s probably a way to link the earlier post but I don’t know how, sorry! A couple pages back.)

KimW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kim check out the photo earlier in this thread I posted with rhubarb root, alkanet, and annatto. The rhubarb root is amazing. (There’s probably a way to link the earlier post but I don’t know how, sorry! A couple pages back.)
I did indeed see that post and I've been wondering about it and have it saved to "study" later!

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I do like the idea of a countdown timer. There are a bunch of free ones available for any website or forum.

@Angie would it be possible for an admin to set the timer at some point during each monthly challenge?

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really know but found this:

The circling Taiwan swirl adds the step to the original Taiwan swirl technique of circling the perimeter of the mold with a chopstick (or something) after the Taiwan swirl is done.

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for the results LOL.

Probably a taboo question, but can you vote for your own entry? Obviously I didn't or I wouldn't be asking LOL. I think that I would actually feel weird voting for my own. I'm just curious.

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Probably a taboo question, but can you vote for your own entry? Obviously I didn't or I wouldn't be asking LOL. I think that I would actually feel weird voting for my own. I'm just curious.
I'll be quite honest. You Betcha I would vote for my own soap if its a great soap. 😂🤣🤗👍🏼🧼

Last edited:

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Voting is such a personal choice, of course, and there are very good reasons we can't see how we all voted, or how the entries ranked after top 3.
For me, it feels a little like an election, so I vote for myself (and others). We're given three votes, so I'm promptly voting against mine twice. I certainly wouldn't vote for myself and stop there, that really would be poor sportsmanship.