Do we post our soap here for the challenge ?Sign Up List:
1. jcandleattic - hopefully will have time to do this one.
2. Misschief - been wanting to do this again for a while
3. KimW - One I've been wanting to try! Yippeeeee
4. GemstonePony - I love this swirl!
5. DKing - I'm looking forward to seeing what I can come up with
6. catscankim - been wanting to learn this one!
7. AMD - I've been wanting to get "around" to doing this technique again
8. violets2217 - Gonna face my fears! This Challenge and the swirl! Plus, gives me another reason to make soap I don't need.
9. SideDoorSoaps - I’ve had dividers for awhile; I should try this!
10. Vicki C - never tried this but have watched plenty of videos - mesmerizing!
11. linne1gi - I’ve done this before, but not well! I’d like to be better.
12. The_Emerald_Chicken - Was excited to see this swirl as the monthly challenge!
13. Louise Taylor. Never tried this technique and always wanted to try.
14. Mobjack - I’m in.
15. S Powers - this has never been my fave design but I love the extra swirl action
16. Jersey Girl- Haven’t done one of these in a long time but have been meaning to. Perfect excuse for some experimenting!
17. Guspuppy - need to make soap to test FOs anyway and have wanted to try this!
18. The_Phoenix - *tap* *tap* *tap* Is this thing on? Can...can you hear me? I’m not a cat. Can you...can you see my swirl?
20. TashaBird - Am I doing this right?
21. AliOop - wasn't positive that I was going to make an entry this time, but I'm in now.
22. Peachy Clean Soaps' Couldn't say no 1st time trying this Taiwan Swirl.
There is a separate entry thread.Do we post our soap here for the challenge ?
ThxThere is a separate entry thread.
Post your entry photos here. You have until February 24 at 11:59 GMT to submit your entry, so there is still plenty of time (please note - the closing date and time is GMT - a quick Google search will help you convert to your own time zone). As a reminder, this thread is for entry photos only...www.soapmakingforum.com
Aww thank you' so sweet . I just finished & now it's tucked away for the night. I over thought everything' don't over SB' Is the color right? its off i'll add more of this & that' FO & EO don't add all that is allowed cant have it accelerate' poured the batter' did my up & down then counter clockwise for final step' last thought if this is what the design is gonna looks like I'm screwed, bawhahaha. Final thought' Now How In The Heck To I Cut This! .Go Peachy, go peachy!!
Thank You' I appreciate your detail & drawing' I think I got it.@Peachy Clean Soap Hope this helps, otherwise I think some of the videos explain the cut.
Loaf placed upright:
Cut blocks whatever width you want for the face of your bars:
Then cut those blocks in half through the middle, so if the loaf were reassembled upright the cuts would be here:
If the top and bottom of the blocks are to your left and right when you cut down, the cut will be on the correct plane.
I'm gonna take a look' Thank you DearReach out if you need any help. GemstonePony gave a good map to follow, and the pictures in the beginning of the thread or the videos that are linked can be helpful.
Those are lovely!Made two more attempts but I think I’ll stick with my original in the entry thread. First was made with ultramarine, chrome oxide, iron oxide, and beta carotene, scented with sage and lemongrass. Second was all natural colorants- rhubarb root, annatto, and alkanet, scented with cardamom and lavender. Feel like I was getting the hang of the swirling by the end.
View attachment 54376View attachment 54377
Living on the edgeI cut my 1st batch this morning @ 4:30 am & thought I'd like to try one more time, so quickly adjusted my recipe & made batch #2 it's wrapped up getting happy' I'll cut latter this evening I'll have barley enough time. this challenge has been fun fun fun. to be continued.
Who knew soaping could bring so much joy to one's life?!
Not by any means an expert with M&P, but the colors would all have to stay both distinct from each other and fluid while being swirled. I think it would be very challenging, but if you attempt it, let us know how it went.Just curious, is it possible to do Taiwan Swirl with M&P? Has anyone tried?
BTW, saw all the pics in entry thread, so beautiful. Hoping I can try these in few months(CP Newbie here).