SMF February 2020 challenge - Ione swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I made two Ione swirls and then fudged the date! I thought I had one more day. Darn leap year! I've tried this swirl several times. I watch Ione do it, she's so elegant with her swirls. I get to the point of swirling and my hands go all stupid! I even air practice lol and I still get all befuddled once I get my hanger in the soap. Here are my two attempts. I was going to enter the pink and purple one.
View attachment 44230 View attachment 44231
These are amazing!! And yes, I believe the pink and purple one is the best because it is just slightly more Ione-ish, with the more horizontal swirl rather than vertical. Soo good!

@Mobjack Bay thank you for the kind words! The AC morphed into such a pretty blue-gray, which was totally a happy accident, given that black was the original plan. I will probably never be able to recreate that color, but I do like it in these bars for sure.

And I'm totally a pink fanatic, so all four of yours look great to me. Your #3 looks like it could have come from Ione's website - very well done!!
Thank you for that very nice compliment. I had almost no pink in my adult life until I started making soap :p.

I really want to try and perfect this swirl as I think it is such a beautiful look. I made this batch yesterday. The colors didn’t come out as I’d envisioned. I wanted more pastel and I think I need to be less heavy with the accent colors to make it more delicate and wispy. Gonna keep trying! I scented this with orange patchouli for NS.
5091FDA3-7D17-4CEB-A3C5-307927A064C7.jpeg

I really want to try and perfect this swirl as I think it is such a beautiful look. I made this batch yesterday. The colors didn’t come out as I’d envisioned. I wanted more pastel and I think I need to be less heavy with the accent colors to make it more delicate and wispy. Gonna keep trying! I scented this with orange patchouli for NS. View attachment 44262
Lots of nice swirls!

Well, I made two Ione swirls and then fudged the date! I thought I had one more day. Darn leap year! I've tried this swirl several times. I watch Ione do it, she's so elegant with her swirls. I get to the point of swirling and my hands go all stupid! I even air practice lol and I still get all befuddled once I get my hanger in the soap. Here are my two attempts. I was going to enter the pink and purple one.
View attachment 44230 View attachment 44231
Gorgeous

Congratulations @amd @Nona'sFarm and @Zing and to all who made soaps this month. I’m always inspired by the creativity of this wonderful community of makers. Special thanks to @Primrose for the time you spent running the challenge and to provide us with clear instructions and a helpful range of examples, including your beautiful soaps.

I am super impressed at how many people gave this challenging technique a crack, and I can't believe some of you were even brave enough to try it HP!!

Congrats, you all did amazing work! I echo the thanks to Primrose for organizing this, and for the great tutorial. I never thought I could make swirls, and now I know that I can. More importantly, I can enjoy not just the results, but also the process. You’ve really inspired me to break out of my single color soaps! I’m not sure if my husband thanks you (more soap???) but I do. (that was all in jest - he is a big supporter and keeps looking at those swirls, too).

I think everyone deserves a round of applause - for trying, succeeding and entering a soap. I hope this thread stays active a little bit longer, I'd love to see more "non-entries". Thanks for voting for my soap - there were a lot of beautiful soap entered!

Latest posts

Back