SMF December Un-Challenge - Fire/Flames

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the SMF December 2020 Un-Challenge – Flames/Fire

Since December is a busy month for many, we will again have a bit of fun with an Un-Challenge. For this un-challenge you will create soaps that feature flames or fire. You may use any technique(s) or mold, and any method of soap making you choose.

As long as there is one element representing flames or fire, you have met the challenge. You can choose to create a soap that has traditional fire/flames colors, a design that looks like flames, or both. How about a unicorn flame soap with pastels? Or simply use the warm fire colors in any design you like. Some ideas for inspiration are shown below, but make it your own.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyone can participate in this Un-challenge, regardless of length of membership or number of posts. Post pictures of as many soaps as you would like, as long as they were made after December 3, 2020. There will not be a separate entry thread and there will not be a vote, so post pictures of your creations here at any time. Photos of failures are just as welcome as photos of successes – experiments are always interesting. If you learned something, please share. As always, please keep comments kind and have fun!

By Bearfoot Gypsy
Bearfoot Gypsy.shayna. candle.PNG

By Lush
Lush.PNG

By Pineland Soap Kitchen
Pineland Soap Kitchen.PNG

Pointy Layers by Island Spring Soapworks
Pointy Layers by Island Spring Soapworks.PNG

Pointy Layers by SilyGrl Soaps
Pointy Layers by Silygrl Soaps.PNG

By Evelyn Rose Soaps
Rainbow Flames by Evelyn Rose Soaps.PNG

Design in traditional fire colors
by SME Handmade
Traditional Colors by SME Handmade.PNG

I just made my first attempt at this un-challenge. I can’t wait to unmold it Im so curious! I tried a drop swirl/in the pot swirl technique and am very excited to see how it turned out.

My birthday is this month and I am just told my mother in law is getting me a bar cutter! Omg, she is the best.
I promised myself that until I have it at home I am allowed to make loafs, but can’t cut them yet. It is so hard to not tempt myself to take a peek inside but it will be worth it in the end..

Attachments

• 89CE67CF-5387-41F9-9815-C8E5A85510CA.jpeg
    89CE67CF-5387-41F9-9815-C8E5A85510CA.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 23
How about this hot mess: an ashy volcano and somehow completely missing the embeds?
At least it's red(ish)?
Ugh - sorry about your soap, but I have to say I like the color and the volcano you have there is pretty neato.

Back