SMF Christmas Holiday Gift 2018 Swap Exchange!

Discussion in 'Soap and Craft Swap' started by SunRiseArts, Nov 28, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Dec 27, 2018 #61

SunRiseArts

SunRiseArts

SunRiseArts

I will! Coconut oil is one of my favorites oils for soaping, I know some people have issues with them, but not me!

Here is the drawing I sent, the media is called encaustics. And is waxed mixed with an acrylic resin, and applied to the paper with a craft iron. Tends to have a mind of its own, lol

Attached Files:

2. Dec 27, 2018 #62

Terri E

Terri E

Terri E

"Tucked away in the mountains" Supporting Member

Mine came in the mail today! Thank you SoapAddict415! I love the soaps, can't wait to try the Cranberry Currant soap and Strawberry Rose salt bar :)
    Those are really nice scents! Your friend did a wonderful job on the ornament, how cute is that! I put it on my little tree in the foyer. Thank you again so very much! This has certainly been fun! Hope we do it again next year!

qy9g66UOQk+xZf2IvUIBSw.jpg nwIPYflfRmSgkAejOFxAnw.jpg

SoapAddict415, lenarenee, amd and 2 others like this.
  3. Dec 28, 2018 #63

redhead1226

redhead1226

redhead1226

Supporting Member

It is soooo nice! Unique. I put in on the buffet with all of my other cards and everyone asked me about it. I’m going to frame it. The picture doesn’t do it justice with its gloss and shimmer. Thanks again

SunRiseArts and SideDoorSoaps like this.
  4. Dec 28, 2018 #64

SideDoorSoaps

SideDoorSoaps

SideDoorSoaps

Oh man, I though I stuck in another bar of soap but now see i didn’t, darn it!

I did make the card from bits of washi tapes that I’ve collected. I’m such a sucker for cute tape! One year I made well over 20 of these tree cards. It’s fun to do!

And yup, I crocheted the little ornament. It’s a pattern from Repeat Crafter Me. Adorbs! I’m glad you liked :)

The Lotion and soap scents are by far my best sellers. I can never keep them in stock and my husband almost forbade I sell any of the citrus Tea Tree so now I make him his own batch lol!

Btw, I’m so in awe of your mom being a wood turner! I’m thinking I would be making all kinds of knitting needles and crochet hooks!

5. Dec 28, 2018 #65

SunRiseArts

SunRiseArts

SunRiseArts

I am so glad people enjoyed this swap! Here is a picture of the complete set, the one in the box is the coconut soap, I guess I missed it in the other pics.

20181222_145015_resized.jpg

Oh boy, sidedoorsoaps, I LOVE washi tape and have a huge bucket. Probably have close to a 100 rolls... Is embarrassing.

SANY3889.JPG

6. Dec 28, 2018 #66

dixiedragon

dixiedragon

dixiedragon

Would you mind sending me the proportion of lavender: patchouli? Or is it an FO?

Mom has considered making knitting needles but it is very hard to make 2 identical things. but crochet hooks might be a possibility. There are specialized pieces of equipment that let you copy things - that's how you get 4 identical table legs, for example. But mom doesn't have one. (Yet, lol)

SideDoorSoaps likes this.
  7. Dec 28, 2018 #67

SideDoorSoaps

SideDoorSoaps

SideDoorSoaps

It’s an essential oil blend that I can up with equal parts lavender, patchouli as half the blend and 1 part each of orange, rosemary and amyris. So for about 1 oz (29 gm) would be 7 gm each of lavender and patchouli and then 5 each of the orange, rosemary and amyris.

Ohh that is interesting about the copies of things in wood turning. Crochet hooks it it!

Terri E likes this.
  8. Dec 29, 2018 #68

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

SaltedFig

Lifetime Supporter

To everyone in this swap, I have really enjoyed seeing the photo's and reading about all of the lovely things you have all made and received.

SunRiseArts, thank-you for all the effort you've put into co-ordinating this ... it's been lovely to see the beautiful Christmas spirit in this gift-giving thread :)

SunRiseArts and SideDoorSoaps like this.
  9. Dec 29, 2018 #69

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

Well it's not over yet folks! Zanzalawi's package arrived at my doorstep early this morning. Hopefully she won't mind if I don't open it yet - I'm too sick to deal with life right now and I want to be felling well enough to enjoy it!

Unfortunately I realized yesterday that I didn't get the little receipt thingy with the tracking number when I sent her box off, so I don't know what its status is. Zanzalawi - I mailed it Saturday, but staff said it might not be processed until Monday. (our city only has one operating post office for the forseeable future.)

SideDoorSoaps and Megan like this.
  10. Dec 31, 2018 #70

zanzalawi

zanzalawi

zanzalawi

Supporting Member

I finally found this thread so I could post pics of all these gorgeous goodies!
    Thank you SantaSisterSoaper- you spoiled me rotten!!
    The soap smells soo fresh and clean! And the Ho Ho Ho paper- yeah I folded it up and I’m saving it for next year hahaha!
    Thank you!

IMG_6472.JPG IMG_6473.JPG IMG_6476.JPG IMG_6477.JPG IMG_6479.JPG IMG_6474.JPG

11. Jan 9, 2019 #71

SunRiseArts

SunRiseArts

SunRiseArts

Thank you Salted Fig :)

I am at awe at all the pictures. Everyone is so talented! And it all looks so yummy.

I opened the salt bar OMG, there are no words. My husband kind of took it for himself :mad::D

SaltedFig likes this.
  12. Jan 9, 2019 #72

redhead1226

redhead1226

redhead1226

Supporting Member

You want me to send you another? Its my personal stash! But I have more. lol

13. Jan 9, 2019 #73

SunRiseArts

SunRiseArts

SunRiseArts

lol. No need to. But thank you so much.

I decided to make salt bars the other day, because I was so inspired by yours!

14. Jan 9, 2019 #74

redhead1226

redhead1226

redhead1226

Supporting Member

They are good because it’s a year cure. I make about 30 bars every 3 months and put them away so I always have many that are a year or more cute. That’s when they are the best.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    zanzalawi likes this.
  15. Jan 12, 2019 #75

lenarenee

lenarenee

lenarenee

Supporting Member

Let's wrap this up! Thanks for everyone's patience while we got over the never ending virus. (3 weeks!)

Zanzalawi was my partner and I have to say.... she knows how to pack a box! Thank you Zanzalawi for brightening up the holidays for me!

One of the most exciting things is that her recipe contains additives that I've wanted to try but never have! Green is my favorite color and the eucalyptus mint bar is gorgeous with greens! Z, would you share what colorant you used? I'm still trying to find the perfect shade and you seem to have found it.

Looks like the green bar gelled well too. I don't recognize the scent of the purple bar, but it seem to be a mix of fresh, with some floral hints. Lovely rich purple color too!

Sadly, haven't used either soap yet because we have no hot water for days at a time. Yeah, we're not the freshest smelling group right now.

Love the ornament! It has a little bell hanging on the bottom which reminds me of very happy Christmas I had year.

The bath salts (Yuzu - always a good choice) have been hidden away by the youngster in the house - and hidden very, very, well. I'll never see them again! She'll probably use the whole package in the spa tub, dump in all her water toys and play for 2 hours!

What a treat Zanzalawi; thank you so much!!

20190110_102855.jpg 20190110_102305.jpg

zanzalawi, amd and SoapAddict415 like this.
  16. Jan 16, 2019 at 5:16 PM #76

zanzalawi

zanzalawi

zanzalawi

Supporting Member

@lenarenee i'm so glad you liked it!
    these two batches were made with WSP goodies
    the eucalyptus mint is their FO by the same name, and the two greens- one is emerald green mica, and the other is 1/2 emerald green and 1/2 banana boat yellow mica- ive had very good results with both of those colors, no morphing
    and the stormy nights is wsp's dupe of yankee candle's stormy nights- "hyacinth and heather with leafy, green notes" it accelerates on me, but it smells so yummy. the purples are purple playhouse mica and purple denim mica
    wishing you lots of consistently hot water for fantastic baths and showers!! :p thank you again!!

redhead1226 likes this.