SMF Challenge November 2021 - Rainbows

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t enter the challenge. But I did make a rainbow-inspired soap.
1FB7FB4D-22A0-449C-AA0A-985374B899B6.jpeg

I really like the style of bevel @violets2217 and @dibbles have done. How do you do this? Is it a special tool?
I use a router made by Wild Platanica. It’s pretty cool and I actually love it! I could do much fancier edges because it come with many different edge keys… but I stick with simple edges.
Wild Platanica

I use a router made by Wild Platanica. It’s pretty cool and I actually love it! I could do much fancier edges because it come with many different edge keys… but I stick with simple edges.
Wild Platanica

Oooh, I found a video of hers on YouTube- what a clever little device. Your bars just look so very professional and clean.

I love everyone’s entries, super well done! Life has been way too much for me to attempt the challenge :( though I have it planned out and intend to still make the soap in the next few weeks. Very fun challenge and I love what everyone came up with and the vast range of techniques used

Voting link has finally been sent out. The plan was that voting would be open yesterday and today and that the winners would be announced tomorrow (November 30th). Instead voting will be open today and tomorrow and the winners will be anounced on December 1st.

Good luck to all the participants and thank you for sharing your beautiful colorful soaps :-D

I was overwhelmed and missed the deadline, but I finished making the soap I imagined for the challenge. My daughter’s second recital was The Rainbow Connection. Her sixth recital was the long version of Over The Rainbow. (Kerry has autism, but she is blessed with a love of singing and performing.)

Connecting the two songs, I decided Kermit needed to be there to ask, “Why are there so many songs about rainbows?” And then he sings, “Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on a morning star?”

And making the rainbow connection, in Over The Rainbow Dorothy sang, “Someday I’ll wish upon a star…” And then asked, “If happy little bluebirds fly, why oh whcan’t I?”

A008F0CA-CBAE-4E63-8CDF-51E70A6228FC.jpeg

The soap is unscented. Micas are from Nurture. Kermit and embeds are made from Bramble Berry‘s low sweat melt and pour base.

If anyone is interested, Kerry’s recitals are on YouTube.

Back