SMF Challenge November 2021 - Rainbows

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@linne1gi
Great idea for your entry' Nailed It. Oh how I remember our T&S challenge' I have a few bars from that challenge. 💫🧼💞.
Aw, thanks. I was just coming here to post another rainbow soap I made when I saw your post.
AAF52BFD-0020-4926-978E-C39742596043.jpeg

Yes, you have to participate in the challenge to be able to vote. Give the next one a try - it’s fun!
Thanks for letting me know! I think it might be a while until I'd give a shot to a challenge. I tend to get stressed out by competition of any type even if it's friendly. Maybe someday though, if the inspiration hits me.

Edit-pic redacted

I *attempted* a Tree Marie inspired "mini drop" swirl using Lovely Green's "eco friendly" white soap recipe. With 50% olive oil I expected trace to come a lot slower....I was wrong. I also wrongly thought I had ultra-refined Shea butter, unfortunately I only had the natty stuff. The cut will determine how it went, hopefully tomorrow. More descriptive write up on when I post the pics. I have hope for the cut, at the very worst though it'll at least smell and feel good!

Last edited:
@Johnez
🤬:hairpulling: Have you really swapped the purple and the blue in your rainbow sequence? Don't you know how many OCD disciples are lurking around here???
Just wondering RO if you share my OCD problem with snowflake illustrations that have eight points… or any number other than six… they make me disproportionately crazy. ❄️

@Johnez
🤬:hairpulling: Have you really swapped the purple and the blue in your rainbow sequence? Don't you know how many OCD disciples are lurking around here???

For shame! Yes. 😭

I caught it right as I started squeezing. It did quite bother me, but there was no going back. I debated on whether to swap out the others to make it truly random but I was afraid to make it worse lol. Take heart that at least the top matches the drops!

Imagine my dismay when my 8 year-old son complained about the 3-color (yellow, orange, red) graphic stripe we painted on the white walls of his bedroom was not in "rainbow" sequence. He's 56 now and still hasn't forgiven me. At least, now I understand "why?" :nodding:

Imagine my dad's bemusement when at 5 years old I argued bricks weren't red. "Red? No the stop sign is red. Bricks are a different color!" Children are funny creatures as I'm learning now with my own.

Why only are parents so cruel to their children?
No, not cruel really... just the difference between a logical left-brain son saddled with a right-brain, creative, intuitive mom. ;)

Children are funny creatures as I'm learning now with my own.
Definitely more entertaining than TV! Oh, the stories I could tell... :computerbath:

"This is why the soap films can be considered as analog computers which can outperform conventional computers, depending on the complexity of the system."

So I went down a rainbow rabbit hole, my second one of the day (thanks RO for providing the first). From the rainbow article in Wikipedia, this gem came from the "see also" section link "Iridescent Colours In Soap Bubbles." Science is pretty darn interesting!

Latest posts

Back