SMF challenge - if you have voted please read

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
I've just checked the voting on this month's challenge and we have a mismatch. There have been 15 responses yet there are only 14 names against numbers in the voting thread.

If you've voted could you please check your name is on the list to confirm you've voted (within the voting thread).

If you've voted in error as you weren't on the sign up list could you please send me a PM with the details of your voting?

We still have more vote responses than names on the list.

We have had 20 responses but only 18 names. I have had a PM from one person that voted in error so I can discount their votes but I still need either another name adding to the list or another PM if you voted but weren't on the sign up list.

We now have 24 responses in and only 21 names on the list. 1 of the additional voters has sent me a PM but there are still 2 if you out there.

Could you please either add your name to the voting list if you were signed up to participate or please PM me if you weren't.

I officially give in trying to get people to read the voting rules

27 votes but only 24 names on the list

I officially give in trying to get people to read the voting rules

27 votes but only 24 names on the list

Sorry Sonya. It shouldn't be this hard for those of you who manage these challenges. I think the voting rules are pretty clear - I don't know what else you could do.

I am sorry to. PLEASE READ THE RULES and pm Sonya is there was a misstep.
Mods of the challenge are requesting ALL to read and pm if you didn't sign up yet voted or double voted.

I tried :)

Last edited:
Next month we will be trying to go to a more locked down version of voting. The extra votes feel like they invalidate the results sometimes because we don't know if someone is voting a couple times or if they are just people deciding to vote who didn't participate. I'm not certain what the issue is that people cannot read the rules!

Yes, we've discussed emailing the link, PM'ing the link, and we just discovered there is a way to password protect it. We'll be doing something different one way or the other next month. I don't know if there is a way to attach your name to the vote you make, but I think people like the idea that their vote is more anonymous than that would make it.

Well, you just make a required field on the survey for handle. As for anonymity, the only people who will know are the people running the challenge. I'm pretty sure Great Cakes knows that info since you are signed in for her challenge. I just think it is the simplest answer

Sorry for the hassle guys; it shouldn't be this way. I was wondering if you could just open up the voting to everyone whether they signed up or not, but then realized it wouldn't solve the issue of double voting. No easy answers but thanks for working your through it to find one that works.

Since some of the people who run the challenges also participate when it's not their turn to run, and we all have access to the survey, I think anonymity has its perks. Emailing the link or password protecting will be first go. If we STILL have voting discrepancies, then maybe linking people's names to their votes will come up again.

Back