SMF challenge - if you have voted please read

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Sonya-m

Reaction score
I've just checked the voting on this month's challenge and we have a mismatch. There have been 15 responses yet there are only 14 names against numbers in the voting thread.

If you've voted could you please check your name is on the list to confirm you've voted (within the voting thread).

If you've voted in error as you weren't on the sign up list could you please send me a PM with the details of your voting?

Sonya-m

Reaction score
We still have more vote responses than names on the list.

We have had 20 responses but only 18 names. I have had a PM from one person that voted in error so I can discount their votes but I still need either another name adding to the list or another PM if you voted but weren't on the sign up list.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
We now have 24 responses in and only 21 names on the list. 1 of the additional voters has sent me a PM but there are still 2 if you out there.

Could you please either add your name to the voting list if you were signed up to participate or please PM me if you weren't.

Sonya-m

Reaction score
I officially give in trying to get people to read the voting rules

27 votes but only 24 names on the list

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I officially give in trying to get people to read the voting rules

27 votes but only 24 names on the list
Sorry Sonya. It shouldn't be this hard for those of you who manage these challenges. I think the voting rules are pretty clear - I don't know what else you could do.

lionprincess00

SPONSOR
Reaction score
I am sorry to. PLEASE READ THE RULES and pm Sonya is there was a misstep.
Mods of the challenge are requesting ALL to read and pm if you didn't sign up yet voted or double voted.

I tried :)

Last edited:

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Next month we will be trying to go to a more locked down version of voting. The extra votes feel like they invalidate the results sometimes because we don't know if someone is voting a couple times or if they are just people deciding to vote who didn't participate. I'm not certain what the issue is that people cannot read the rules!

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if there's a way to lock down the survey link to just the folks who actually signed up. Maybe the challenge host could PM participants the voting link where it wouldn't be public . . .

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could require the person to put their handle on their vote. That way you can tell

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, we've discussed emailing the link, PM'ing the link, and we just discovered there is a way to password protect it. We'll be doing something different one way or the other next month. I don't know if there is a way to attach your name to the vote you make, but I think people like the idea that their vote is more anonymous than that would make it.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you just make a required field on the survey for handle. As for anonymity, the only people who will know are the people running the challenge. I'm pretty sure Great Cakes knows that info since you are signed in for her challenge. I just think it is the simplest answer

CaraBou

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the hassle guys; it shouldn't be this way. I was wondering if you could just open up the voting to everyone whether they signed up or not, but then realized it wouldn't solve the issue of double voting. No easy answers but thanks for working your through it to find one that works.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Since some of the people who run the challenges also participate when it's not their turn to run, and we all have access to the survey, I think anonymity has its perks. Emailing the link or password protecting will be first go. If we STILL have voting discrepancies, then maybe linking people's names to their votes will come up again.

Latest posts