SMF August Challenge- Pokemon/Hanger Circling Taiwan

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, ok! I think I missed the gen 1 part.

ETA: How about Goldeen?
600px-118Goldeen.png

Last edited:
You are absolutely welcome to use a Pokemon someone else is using. No need to "call them out" I just thought it was fun that people were sharing. You have no pressure to at all.

You are correct that shiny began in gen 2. I just noticed that now. I was going to mention tangela and poliwhirl have similar colors.

I guess it's not fair to allow shiny Pokemon as it is a gen 2 feature and it changes from game to game. :(

I'll make that clear in the rules. Just the original colored 151 Pokemon are allowed. You can go off of the drawn Pokemon though. Not just the pixel sprites.

The pixels could make it so much easier for this challenge...

Goldeen is just fine!

The pixel sprites have 2-3 colors in gen 1. Usually black, white and 1 more color. That would really limit color pallets!! You're welcome to use the original gen 1 sprites to get your colors from. It just might be more limited. That's why I said it was ok to use the drawn/animated version.

You all lost me a long time ago in the "shiny" vs "not shiny" thing. Pixel sprite? Drawn/animated? I was lucky to find a bright purple guy to play with; that's a cool color combo. I was going to try a fish, but I couldn't tell if it was orange or red. Then I found an angry looking blue seahorse. But the purple snake just kind of jumped out at me. Pun intended.

I apologize for causing confusion. I just want to be as clear as I can be when it comes to what you can and can't use.

Teresa, the Pokemon you chose is Arbok. Spelled backwards is Kobra (Cobra replaced with a K). It's lower form is Ekans (snake spelled backwards!). A very cool Pokemon indeed!

I just finished the second soap. Hopefully it turns out. Otherwise I'll make this a regular (not circling) hanger Taiwan swirl challenge. I've made that before with success. I'll post the video of the soap I've made with it.

Looking forward to see what you guys will make out of this!

I am not the Pokemon type, I don`t even know what it is to be honest (don`t judge me, I am getting old)
So I`ll wait until next time. I am more of a Muppet Show kind of gal, that was my #1 favourite show on saturdays as a kid.

Hey, maybe I`ll give MYSELF a challenge... I`ll pick a muppet show character and make the soap version out of it.

Kidding! I am just kidd... hmm...

I apologize for causing confusion. I just want to be as clear as I can be when it comes to what you can and can't use.

Teresa, the Pokemon you chose is Arbok. Spelled backwards is Kobra (Cobra replaced with a K). It's lower form is Ekans (snake spelled backwards!). A very cool Pokemon indeed!

Cool. Does he (she?) do magic or something? I just looked at the critters until I found a really bright one. The fact that he was totally bada$$ evil looking just upped the ante. I might actually get a poster and stick it on my door at work when we move to our new space: "Enter if you dare." It's going to be a toss up between that and a door-sized TARDIS.

Ok, I finished and cut the soap!! And I have a good result this time! ~Happy Dance~

https://youtu.be/s00ktaweOnk

The orange in the soap is an orange-y pink. I'll post a pic in sunlight tomorrow (if the sun comes out).

I'll add this video to the main post too.

Edit: I also realize this technique is more "Modified Mantra Swirl" than a Taiwan swirl. If you want me to change the name on the challenge title, I can. I almost want to call the technique "Phoenix Swirl".

Last edited:
I'm going to pass on this month's challenge for two reasons - first, it's a busy month... work (lots of people taking vacation time, including me...we're planning on getting out of here for a few days), birthdays (mine included), and family; second, I know absolutely nothing about Pokemon. I could ask my 7 y.o. grandson but... refer to first reason. I'll be watching with great interest, though.

Wow, Galaxy, this looks like so much fun! I browsed through the Pokemon link you provided and there are some really great color combos. I think if I were to pick it would be either Golbat or Moltres. Golbat is the color combo of domestic violence/sexual assault awareness (I make soap for this cause every year). Moltres is the perfect fall color combo. If I'm able to squeeze it in, I'll sign up but Aug and Sept are going to be REALLY busy for me so I'm going to hold off signing up just yet. I'm keeping Golbat and Moltres on the back burner though!

1. carlyjones - exciting!!
2. dibbles - saying it first - I'll give it a GO
3. TeresaT - Pokemon. Oh, yay!
4. BattleGnome - I call shiney squirtle!
5. Arimara - Eggs are cute! Wait, that's not how it goes...
6. Rusti - Maybe I'll have time to do this one at some point this month. No idea what Pokemon to go for though!
7. Dixiedragon - me too!

Did you explain about the soap challenge? I bet if you explain that you need to make Pokémon soap, they'd excuse you. :)

LOL, I got a summons and knew the judge and had an exam in a college class that day. I still didn't get excused. Tried though.

1. carlyjones - exciting!!
2. dibbles - saying it first - I'll give it a GO
3. TeresaT - Pokemon. Oh, yay!
4. BattleGnome - I call shiney squirtle!
5. Arimara - Eggs are cute! Wait, that's not how it goes...
6. Rusti - Maybe I'll have time to do this one at some point this month. No idea what Pokemon to go for though!
7. Dixiedragon - me too!
8. SunWolf - Growlithe for me!!

Cool. Does he (she?) do magic or something? I just looked at the critters until I found a really bright one. The fact that he was totally bada$$ evil looking just upped the ante. I might actually get a poster and stick it on my door at work when we move to our new space: "Enter if you dare." It's going to be a toss up between that and a door-sized TARDIS.

Arbok's a poison type I believe. You'd want and Abra or a Kadabra for magic, You could also do Mr. Mime. lol

Back