SMF August 2016 Challenge Entry Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Entries can now be submitted! Please post ONLY your entries on this thread. Any other comments/compliments or discussion should be left on the original challenge thread.

Please show us at least 1 picture of your finished, cut soap. You only need to show at least 1 soap in the picture but you may have more. Also include a picture of the Pokemon you chose as your color inspiration. If you can't easily post a picture of your Pokemon, pm me and I will help you figure it out.

I chose Charizard as my entry for the Pokemon/Hanger Circling Taiwan Challenge. Another fun technique! This is scented with 5X Orange EO, 10X Orange EO, and Patchouli. Sorry about the sideways pic in the middle.

charizard.png

DSC01326.jpg

DSC01327.jpg

DSC01329.jpg

This is my first attempt that I made while in New Mexico. Although it has some air holes and some of the colors morphed a bit, I still like it and it is better than the one I made last night.

20160817_084438-1.jpg

Venusaur:

venusaur-mega.jpg

I forgot to pack my micas, so I used some blush for the pink and eyeshadow for the other colors, plus beta carotene for the yellow. No fragrance.

Here it is! We finally got it out of the mold! Flareon is our Pokémon. Turmeric infused oil for the yellowish-tannish color, a little red oxide made the dark orangey color, activated charcoal for the black. Nature's "Orange Citrus", which smells lovely. Omni (16) did the up-and-down Taiwan swirl, Aura (12) handled the circling part of the swirl.

1471998602722.jpg

1471998625696.jpg

1471998644046.jpg

Last edited:
I only had a chance to make one try this month, I don't think it turned out too badly. I colored the batter portions for Growlithe, but the tan portion should have been charcoal and the charcoal should have been tan. My batter hit that "just a bit too thick" stage so I didn't get much of a circling motion, either...lol.

But I had fun, and that's what it is all about, so YAY!!

500px-058Growlithe.png

IMG_2362.JPG

Back