SMF April 2022 Soap Challenge - Straight Line design

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I’m not eligible for entering my soap into the April challenge (since I don’t yet have 50 posts under my belt), I still enjoyed trying out this challenge, just for my own learning and fun. I’d really intended the lines to be perfectly straight, but I made egg and goat milk soap, and the soap traced a lot faster than I had originally anticipated, so it was a little too thick to make perfectly level, especially the white layer. But I still really like the way it turned out. I scented it with a blend of floral fragrance oils. It says, “Mother’s Day” to me.
I would never have put green with brown, but they look stunning.

I would never have put green with brown, but they look stunning.
Thank you.
The color next to the green is a dark pink. I used French pink clay for that color, and for the lighter pink at the top it’s the same French pink clay with titanium dioxide. Maybe it’s just the lighting that’s making it look brown? But it’s meant to be a dark pink.

Congratulations to Everyone who entered and a Special Congratulations to The Winners! Proud of You and Your Creations! Great Work!!! Keep it up! Blessings!!!

Congrats to the winners!!!

Here was one of my attempts that even remotely came out ok. It is a small bar because the top couple of layers snapped off. Something wrong with this soap. I almost submitted it, but if you look at the other layers, they are ready to snap off as well lol.

I didnt feel right submitting a soap that i intended to throw away anyway. I kept planing it and its just off, and i ain’t got time to figure it out lol. I think the batter just wasnt at emulsion to begin with, because i double checked my measurements and they were fine.

I should have taken a pre-snapping picture. It was kinda neat…the blue layers were gradients to pale blue. You can kinda see it from the two blue layers.

B4B30594-8B8F-46BD-8DA9-9AA6DCA92879.jpeg

Here was one of my attempts that even remotely came out ok. It is a small bar because the top couple of layers snapped off. Something wrong with this soap. I almost submitted it, but if you look at the other layers, they are ready to snap off as well lol.

I didnt feel right submitting a soap that i intended to throw away anyway. I kept planing it and its just off, and i ain’t got time to figure it out lol. I think the batter just wasnt at emulsion to begin with, because i double checked my measurements and they were fine.

I should have taken a pre-snapping picture. It was kinda neat…the blue layers were gradients to pale blue. You can kinda see it from the two blue layers.

View attachment 66500
The soap looks good. Love the layers.

Great colors, and nice beveling, too!

Back